Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Lunden-A Place for Mom

The ad I hate that is targeted to Seniors is Tom Selleck on reverse mortgages.  These are scams for many and I guess I thought Mr.Selleck was better than that(obviously not).

Honored Contributor

Joan Lunden is a cancer survivor, she had been photographed with a bald head. I'm not sure but I think it was breast cancer, she was pretty sick and I thought she wouldn't survive.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

I always wonder why there is no "A Place for Dad."

LOL!  My DH has asked the same thing when that ad comes on.

I have to laugh whenever I see it!...

Super Contributor

When the day comes that I call a place for Mom it will be for me!

Super Contributor

It's all the same they ask you who it's for and you tell them your mom or dad or uncle or aunt just goes to show it's usually the woman who is caregiver for everyone 

Respected Contributor

Joan has been through hell with cancer, and, as you can see, it has taken a toll on her.  I always admired her and I am sure she is just doing this ad to keep busy.  If you notice, the camera is set far from her face.  It shows the ravages of her illness.  I just pray she continues to be well!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

this is so funny as I am reading this, the 
"final expense" ad is on,

this one just bugs me

I can't stand the way the skirt around the word funeral

I always want to snort when that one woman tells her kids she is at peace with her “homegoing.”  I guess it’s bad advertising to say “dying.”

Yes I never use euphemisms 

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Joan has been through hell with cancer, and, as you can see, it has taken a toll on her.  I always admired her and I am sure she is just doing this ad to keep busy.  If you notice, the camera is set far from her face.  It shows the ravages of her illness.  I just pray she continues to be well!

There are recent photos of her on the internet, and she looks terrific.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

LOL @ SNORT

Honored Contributor

I am thankful for this. This is how I found a place for my mother. It was the best I have ever seen. Mom had Alzheimer's ,and we just couldn't give her the care she needed, and deserved

I googled this name ,and found the place we needed ,to give our mother the best possible life she could have, with her disease

Unless you have frantically searched for a home for an person with Alzheimer's , you can't know how hard it is to find a decent place for them to live. Many nursing homes won't accept them, and the ones that would, we would  never  have have sent our mother there