Honored Contributor

I see this ad on TV every day.  She says she and her brother worried about what they were going to do when they noticed their mom was getting “forgetful.”  

They decided on A Place for Mom, as a referral service for various places they could put her.

Lunden is worth $25 million and she can think of no place to put her old mom?  Like she wouldn’t have a spare room in her big house so her “forgetful” mom could be with her family?

I know it’s just a TV ad, but it’s the concept that bothers me.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Lunden-A Place for Mom

I agree. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the laugh, @LilacTree   Smiley LOL!

Honored Contributor

Plus with 25 Million dollars you can afford the best of the best facilities, and isf she chose to keep her at her home, she can afford to have around the clock Nurses, etc.......I wonder how costly  A Place for Mom is.....? 

Respected Contributor

I agree. 

I hate that commercial!🤬

Honored Contributor

That commercial is as bad as the one with Joe Namath telling TV viewers that he called a number shown on his TV to get a Medicare Advantage Plan.

They are just paid spokespersons.  Doubtful they can be believed.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

That commercial is as bad as the one with Joe Namath telling TV viewers that he called a number shown on his TV to get a Medicare Advantage Plan.

They are just paid spokespersons.  Doubtful they can be believed.

@Carmie   That commercial with Joe Namath acting like he has an Advantage plan is about the most ridiculous I've ever seen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Plus with 25 Million dollars you can afford the best of the best facilities, and isf she chose to keep her at her home, she can afford to have around the clock Nurses, etc.......I wonder how costly  A Place for Mom is.....? 

@CANDLEQUEEN   A Place For Mom isn't a place to live.  It's a service that gives you information on the different places in your area.  You could probably get the same information from Google.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Carmie. I think the one with Joe Namath is hilarious.  They instantly told him he wasn't  getting all the benefits he deserves.  I'm so relieved to hear he'll  have a ride to his medical appointments and won't have to walk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I always wonder why there is no "A Place for Dad."

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky