Respected Contributor

Re: Jesus: His Life, 4 Week Event Begins March 25th

Here's an article that describes the show and lists the people who are involved in its production:

https://www.history.com/shows/jesus-his-life/about

Honored Contributor

I look forward to this.

I have not liked list of the Jesus stories/films in recent years. Not very accurate and usually with a bias.
Respected Contributor

@Judaline   Joseph is my favorite, too.  I've always thought he had no need to say anything, as his actions toward the mother and child entrusted to his care speak louder than words ever could.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   You are so right...

Respected Contributor

There is very little historical information about Jesus aside from the Bible. He could have been considered a political figure because he was attracting large groups of people, preaching a message that would not sit well with the rulers. According to the Bible, he was crucified because he called himself the son of God and would not take it back. Pilate had to put him to death to gain control of the masses. Of course, there are about four versions in the Bible of Jesus' life and death. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all saw it from their viewpoint. They were writing many years after the events took place. So we do not have the"real" story. People of faith believe the Bible, some do not.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for the info - I would have missed it.  I'll tell everyone about it next Sunday.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

There is very little historical information about Jesus aside from the Bible. He could have been considered a political figure because he was attracting large groups of people, preaching a message that would not sit well with the rulers. According to the Bible, he was crucified because he called himself the son of God and would not take it back. Pilate had to put him to death to gain control of the masses. Of course, there are about four versions in the Bible of Jesus' life and death. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all saw it from their viewpoint. They were writing many years after the events took place. So we do not have the"real" story. People of faith believe the Bible, some do not.

I often wonder what if anything has been misinterpreted in the translations.

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I often wonder what if anything has been misinterpreted in the translations.

I imagine they are scrutinized very closely before translating. However, it depends on who is doing the translating I'm sure.

Luke is the only one not living at the time the gospels were taking place.

Honored Contributor

I almost forgot this series was coming on tonight-- recording it just in time!

Hoping that the production is worthy of its subject.

Honored Contributor

As we learn more and more about language and what words mean and new alternate meanings, we get new translations of the Bible.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN