Honored Contributor

I’m guessing a lot of these success stories get the BIG number 

logged in just SECONDS before they give birth.  Kinda ‘round up’

the before number (and pictures) while they’re delivering a baby.

Don’t get me wrong, her weight loss is still impressive &

should be commended!  But I remember weight loss stories

confessing they ate like a horse before their first meeting at

Weight Watchers so their 1st week weight loss would be impressive.  

So having these ‘Just-had-a-baby’ ladies lose a bunch of weight?

Of course they will have weight to lose due to the actual baby, yes?

People are funny.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jessica Simpson

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom 

She has been heavy for some time. I had twins 50 years ago.   I was told that you add the weight of the baby, womb fluid weight, and a couple other things and what ever you gain, only about 20-28 lbs is baby weight.  Concepts of "I am eating for two", binge eating, treating ones self without guilt because of having a baby add to weight gain. Also, a more seditary life style and hormones  dont help.  So jessica probably had  70 extra pounds she had added before and inbetween babies.  Thats a lot of weight to loose.  Yikes, better Ye than me, as they say. 

Honored Contributor

When she was pregnant with her second child I recall her saying she liked to eat a lot while she was pregnant, and she said each time she was pregnant she gained 70 -100 pounds. She'd always lose it but it sounded like an excuse to eat. My sister in law gained around 70 pounds when she was pregnant with her second child and it took her about 7 years to lose it.

Honored Contributor

As others have said, Jessica always gained a lot with pregnancies.  She talked last night a little bit on HSN about it and said she thought she would have learned her lesson about not gaining so much weight but she turned around and did it again.  

With pregnancy, it's not only the weight you have to lose, but your body can take on a different shape.  I know people who put on under 30 pounds while pregnant but worked very hard to get off that weight and get their body firmed and toned back up.  Then I know a couple other women who walked out of the hospital wearing the jeans they wore pre-pregnancy.