Honored Contributor

Re: Jessica Simpson Baby Girl

@HiLo wrote:

@violann wrote:

Nah, kids named Ann, and Betsy, and David will be the ones who are tortured about having “old” names.

Tormenting peers is retro just like everything else.

Classic names are timeless.  The names you memtioned here will always be around.

In YOUR FAMILY and in MINE, but not the average, at least in my neighborhood.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@violann wrote:

Nah, kids named Ann, and Betsy, and David will be the ones who are tortured about having “old” names.

Tormenting peers is retro just like everything else.

Classic names are timeless.  The names you memtioned here will always be around.

In YOUR FAMILY and in MINE, but not the average, at least in my neighborhood.

Timeless  at any time, not only for a certain generation..I doubt  the fad names of today will always be considered average.either, The new baby girl in our family is named Caroline; now that's one I consider timeless, also Mary, Grace and Ann., but it is true they are not average today. Family names will probably always be popular among many. As I remember, the new trend in fad names, started about the time some well known movie star named her baby girl, Apple.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the twins from Total Belas on ENetwork, named her baby Birdie a year or so ago. I had never heard it befire, though I guess it can be a nickname for Bertha...why I don't know. That is a very big baby. I wonder if Jessica had gestational diabetes?