Esteemed Contributor

Alert:...The next Jesse Stone Movie Marathon will be this Sunday, October 25th, on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel...starting at 9:00 a.m. through 11:00 p.m..

I'm sure I can squeeze him in somewhere!...LOL   happy smiley face emoticon

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I was reading the cast on the latest one and it said Executive Producer, Tom Selleck. I know that isn't the same as producer, tho-maybe he has the final say or something? I have to record it-the commercials are far too numerous.

Been in love with him since Magnum. Cleaning out some drawers, I found a full page ad for Salem Cigarettes probably something I've kept from the 70's because the guy holding the pack was so good looking.Yep, Tom Selleck. It wasn't long after that that someone snatched him up and put him in Magnum. I don't think I'll ever throw it away. My DH just laughs.

Super Contributor

I, too, am a long time Tom Selleck fan.  I think my favorite character was when he was "Lance White" on the old Rockford Files series.  Tom Selleck - James Garner wonderful actors, handsome handsome men!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I was reading the cast on the latest one and it said Executive Producer, Tom Selleck. I know that isn't the same as producer, tho-maybe he has the final say or something? I have to record it-the commercials are far too numerous.

Been in love with him since Magnum. Cleaning out some drawers, I found a full page ad for Salem Cigarettes probably something I've kept from the 70's because the guy holding the pack was so good looking.Yep, Tom Selleck. It wasn't long after that that someone snatched him up and put him in Magnum. I don't think I'll ever throw it away. My DH just laughs.

@Judaline...Yes, Tom Selleck and Michael Brandman are both writers and executive producers of the new movie series...Wow, what a great surprise when you came across the Salem Cigarettes ad while cleaning out your drawers...You might want to frame it and keep it on your nightstand...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jesse Stone Fans

[ Edited ]

@lork wrote:

I, too, am a long time Tom Selleck fan.  I think my favorite character was when he was "Lance White" on the old Rockford Files series.  Tom Selleck - James Garner wonderful actors, handsome handsome men!!!

@lork...I'm not familiar with that series...Did you see the movie, "Murphy's Romance", with James Garner and Sally Fields...I won't say too much about it, but it was a sweet love story and they were great together...You might want to see if you can get it on your "On Demand" feature.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@NAES1

Since it seems to happen that posts are lost, why not have Word or the equivalent open and save your posts to there before posting?

That way you could also escape from having to use so many fonts and colors that make your posts difficult to read.

Hope this helps.

@GingerPeach 

Hello homegirl and thank YOU. Id this any better?

Since I am in a medical career and that there are so many, here who have vision problems, I choose to increase the font for EZ reading. I usually always do different hues. Some thing stand out more than bland black. I do many free lance paintings and murals so naturally I tend to be involved in creativity. I am purposefully not separating the block of words into paragraphs. So far, no one has brought this up. What I was contributing to was: the Internet of q's jumps or has no print out of sign in, so I write the post, THEN there is no click to your post. THAT would be exactly where I lose my post.  Q's fault. This has been happening to me and apparently many others who complain of the very same thing. I have the state of art desktop for business and a Notebook for reading on our upper level. It's that simple.!!!  Whenever you can, post back, please, and tell me if you can read this? Does anyone, here have a small smartphone, Ipad, if so , yes it would be difficult to read the colored print and small fonts. Does anything about this make sense to anyone reading this? I am not a guru in in manual dexterity, just surgery and medical teaching / research. This is my first critique since I've been here 4 years. We are having a Windows 10 installed for the extra immensities. I'll wait for anyone to answer back, Honestly , I though everyone was having no problems reading. Thank you for the constructive criticism. 2):Also , since I am not on that much-24/7, I tend to do a very long story to (usually) one person from each forum -depending on the thread. And that is my story. NAES

C/O anyone not being able to read this.

Dear @NAES1

@I just saw your response.  The @ notification did not function.

In any case, what I wanted to let you know is that writing is about editing as much as it is about putting words on the page.  In other words, consider taking out anything that doesn't get your information accurately and interestingly to your readers.  Plus, there is a reason for the convention of paragraphs, and punctuation, and all the rest.  It makes for a common understanding of how to interpret the writing.

I am going to take the liberty of editing your post above.  I am sure this will annoy you, and probably some others will think this is "too much," but if you do care about visuals, then I believe you understand the reason for saying more but with fewer words.  Sometimes too many words will simply tire the eyes of your reader.

So here you go.  I fully understand whatever your reaction might be.  Even professional writers hate being edited!  It seems you are a true artist and I understand that.  Best wishes to you in your work and in your artistry.

Hello homegirl and thank YOU.

Is this any better?

Since I am in a medical career and that there are so many, here who have vision problems, I choose to increase the font for EZ reading. I usually always do different hues. Some things stand out more than bland black.

I do many free lance paintings and murals so naturally I tend to be involved in creativity.

I am purposefully not separating the block of words into paragraphs. So far, no one has brought this up. What I was contributing to was: the Internet of q's jumps or has no print out of sign in, so I write the post, THEN there is no click to your post. THAT would be exactly where I lose my post.  Q's fault. This has been happening to me and apparently many others who complain of the very same thing. I have the state of art desktop for business and a Notebook for reading on our upper level. It's that simple.!!!  

Whenever you can, post back, please, and tell me if you can read this? Does anyone, here have a small smartphone, Ipad, if so , yes it would be difficult to read the colored print and small fonts. Does anything about this make sense to anyone reading this? I am not a guru in in manual dexterity, just surgery and medical teaching / research. This is my first critique since I've been here 4 years. We are having a Windows 10 installed for the extra immensities. I'll wait for anyone to answer back, Honestly , I though everyone was having no problems reading.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.

2):Also , since I am not on that much-24/7, I tend to do a very long story to (usually) one person from each forum -depending on the thread. And that is my story. NAES

C/O anyone not being able to read this.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Wildflowers, I guess I'm showing my age, but really, I thought everybody watched the Rockford Files at one time or another.  Being a James Garner fan, of course I watched Murphy's Romance; it was very sweet!  Try to check out The Rockford Files somewhere, they will be worth your search!

Valued Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

Thank goodness for Stone coming back.  So few shows on that the entire family can watch together.  Tom is certainly talented.  My mother used to think he was the most handsome man created and would often make jokes when she was in her 80's about how he could not have a body part on him that was ugly.  Mom used to crack me up with her love of Tom.   Wonderful Actor and I enjoy the Stone movies.

@INDIANA BONES...I loved reading this wonderful memory that you have of your Mom...sounds like she was quite a spunky lady with a fantastic sense of humor...LOL...and she definitely had very good taste in men!  Heart

Thank you sweet one.  Mom was special to everyone she met.  I would love to write what she really said but I might get kicked of.   She did say at the age of 88(her not Tom of course) Tom could leave cracker crumbs in her B@D (what you sleep in) anytime.  She was certainly a constant laugh.  

Valued Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Alert:...The next Jesse Stone Movie Marathon will be this Sunday, October 25th, on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel...starting at 9:00 a.m. through 11:00 p.m..

I'm sure I can squeeze him in somewhere!...LOL   happy smiley face emoticon

The cooking, cleaning and cobwebs can wait.  Enjoy your marathon.  I hope I am home to watch.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lork wrote:

Wildflowers, I guess I'm showing my age, but really, I thought everybody watched the Rockford Files at one time or another.  Being a James Garner fan, of course I watched Murphy's Romance; it was very sweet!  Try to check out The Rockford Files somewhere, they will be worth your search!

@lork...No, I had no interest in the Rockford Files and, believe it or not, I had no interest in Magnum, PI either!...I guess you could say that I was just going through a different stage in my womanhood at that time and they weren't part of it...LOL

I really didn't start taking notice of Tom Selleck until approximately within the past 15 years...some of his movies...and his roles in Blue Blood and Jesse Stone really caught my interest with Jesse Stone being my favorite!...The combination of his very handsome maturity and strong masculine presence are really striking to me!