Honored Contributor

Re: Jesse Smolett 150 days in jail

@arrabella wrote:

He should have gotten more jail time.

Especially after his courtroom outburst/performance

Honored Contributor

Re: Jussie Smollett 150 days in jail

@JamandBread wrote:

You would think this guy murdered some one. The calls for vengeance and laughing about prison rape are way out of line for the crime he committed and now will pay for. Both in freedom and financially.

I never, ever think violence- sexual or any other kind- on any prisoner is to be cheered. I don't care what the crime was.

@JamandBread 

ITA ...  and am really surprised by some of the comments here.   And the fact that some clearly don't know what they are talking about.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

You would think this guy murdered some one. The calls for vengeance and laughing about prison rape are way out of line for the crime he committed and now will pay for. Both in freedom and financially.

I never, ever think violence- sexual or any other kind- on any prisoner is to be cheered. I don't care what the crime was.

@JamandBread 

ITA ...  and am really surprised by some of the comments here.   And the fact that some clearly don't know what they are talking about.  

There's no doubt he is one messed up person. I don't know what kind of brain signals have to go haywire for anyone to think pretending to be a target of racial violence is a good idea. How would that translate into a more lucrative career? It doesn't even make sense. Does Jussie have a drug or alcohol problem, maybe?

As for his family, of course they are going to side with him. If your own mother isn't on your side, well, I don't know who would be. It has nothing to do with entitlement or all the other vitriol people are heaping on his family. His family didn't commit a crime. Gawd.

Honored Contributor

"Jussie Smollett has been placed in the psych ward at the Cook County Jail, and his brother says it's because the official paperwork says Jussie is at risk of self-harm."

"A law enforcement source tells TMZ, the reason Jussie is in the psych ward is because it's also the area where they house high-profile inmates."

Full article: TMZ website

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  "Why does he get a mug shot in his street clothes? Isn't that usually part of the booking into jail process?"

Jail mugshots are always done in street clothes.

Prison mugshots are always done in prison garb.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

@JamandBread 

There's no doubt he is one messed up person. I don't know what kind of brain signals have to go haywire for anyone to think pretending to be a target of racial violence is a good idea. How would that translate into a more lucrative career? It doesn't even make sense. Does Jussie have a drug or alcohol problem, maybe?

As for his family, of course they are going to side with him. If your own mother isn't on your side, well, I don't know who would be. It has nothing to do with entitlement or all the other vitriol people are heaping on his family. His family didn't commit a crime. Gawd.

@JamandBread 

You make a good point about "how does that translate into a more lucrative career?"

Several times on these boards posters have discounted women coming forward about an attack several years back.  (I'm thinking of the MeToo threads and those who later found courage to speak up when others came forward).

Someone always says "she's just doing it for fame and fortune" .....  and I always wonder how that poster could have EVER arrived at that conclusion.  It's just ridiculous!

Super Contributor

I haven’t read all the comments here. But if it was a regular Joe not a celebrity I don’t think we have the same verdict.

That’s just my two cents.
Respected Contributor

@DustRose "I haven’t read all the comments here. But if it was a regular Joe not a celebrity I don’t think we have the same verdict.

That’s just my two cents."

I agree with you.  Instead of complaining Smollett should be thankful that he only got 150 days.  I doubt, though, that he will serve the whole time.  He will  probably be out in a couple of months.

Esteemed Contributor

Just heard on Jesse Watters that a judge ordered Jussie Smollet released from jail pending appeal of 150 day sentence. The appeals court said he can be released after signing a $150,000 recognizance bond, which requires he post no money. What a tragedy!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absurd ruling. Our two-tiered Justice system at work.