Respected Contributor

Re: Jerry O'Connell Standing in for Wendy - GREAT!

@Ibby114wrote:

@panda1234wrote:

@lulu1 I saw him with Kelly and was sure he would be the pick. Bet she is sorry now. He is very witty, I really think he should have his own show. 

@panda1234@lulu1I think that was part of the problem with Kelly, Jerry would have overshadowed her!!!  He was terririfc on Live!. With the show now,  Ryan & Kelly are sort of on an even playing ground.

@Ibby114 You are right, Jerry would have overshadowed Kelly.......they couldn't have that. I do miss Michael and don't care for him on Good Morning America, too restricted for him. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

@travelerwrote:

Who is Wendy?

@traveler

Thank you for asking ..... I was wondering the same thing.

giphy copy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I've always liked Jerry O'Connell and he certainly is personable.  He's doing a great job as a talk show host.  He's a tad more effeminate than I thought, though.  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wendy is back 'live' today. I don't usually watch but happen to be home today.  She seems 'off' - and is definitely taking the lead from producers in her ear mike. Maybe 3 weeks might not have been enough time off. 

Esteemed Contributor

She was interviewed on GMA this morning. She has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and Graves disease. She is in the process of becoming healthy, taking increased vitamin D where she was extremely difficient, and is reshaping her life to live more healthily.

Trusted Contributor

Though I like Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn, I think he had to be really hurting for a job to take Wendy's spot.  To be that animated making ridiculous faces and dancing - no, I think he'll look back and say oh no what was I thinking.  Must be so embarrassing for his kids maybe not know but when they are old enough to realize that their dad made a total fool of himself on national tv and probably syndicated overseas.  I guess Rebecca doesn't bring home the bacon from her Librarian gig.  

Esteemed Contributor

I caught the show and thought he was more entertaining than Wendy.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with you @Snoopp

Respected Contributor

I saw him doing an audience segment.  He looked silly trying to imitate Wendy Williams.

I always thought he was cute but he looked very different.