Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Jerry Lewis dances the jitterbug

Maybe this is how he hurt his back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CowekQq6kY8

Respected Contributor

Re: Jerry Lewis dances the jitterbug

His dance partner is Sheree North who unfortunately passed away in 2005.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/actress-sheree-north-dies-at-72/

Image result

Esteemed Contributor

In 1952 or 53, a few of us cut classes to go see a movie at the Golden Gate theater in San Francisco. My 1st high school, before it closed was in the heart of the city near City hall on Van Ness ave.  I think the picture was QUO VADIS .   Th,is was the days of one big theater and a live act before the movie. 

The live act was DEAN MARTIN AND JERRY LEWIS.  Boy, could they sing and dance.  They could really dance.  After, we went around to the alley, they opened the window from above and threw out signed autographed pictures. JL was very handsome and I always remember his beautiful blue eyes.  DM was always my favorite.  I got to talk to him on my honeymoon in old Las Vegas, in 1959.  Very sad when the act broke up. They both did OK.

Sammy Davis Jr. Was one talented man.  I could watch him   forever sing and dance.  Those were the days of real talent.  I enjoyed watching the U tube of them and Cher.

The stupid so call talent of today doesn't compare, sorry.  Johnny Carson was funny as were his guest.  No gimmicks.  Singers sang, no loud noise or electrons to cover up a bad voice.  No videos, but just them up on stage.

Thanks for directing me to u tube to see them and good memories

Honored Contributor

Adore JL, thanks for sharing.  Best 3 minutes on the internet.

I'm 63, I grew up learning how to dance.

I'm not a dancer, didn't take lessons but my dad taught me, he was a good dancer and during PE in school, we always had a section during the year where we would learn all the dances, jitterbug, waltz, fox trot, etc.   And the school would hold dances, where people actually danced, TOGETHER.   It was a lot of fun.

Then when I was older, and Saturday Night Fever came out, I could do all those dances.   It was so much fun.

@truffle

Honored Contributor

That was amazing!  He sure was quick, and slick, on his feet!

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

In 1952 or 53, a few of us cut classes to go see a movie at the Golden Gate theater in San Francisco. My 1st high school, before it closed was in the heart of the city near City hall on Van Ness ave.  I think the picture was QUO VADIS .   Th,is was the days of one big theater and a live act before the movie. 

The live act was DEAN MARTIN AND JERRY LEWIS.  Boy, could they sing and dance.  They could really dance.  After, we went around to the alley, they opened the window from above and threw out signed autographed pictures. JL was very handsome and I always remember his beautiful blue eyes.  DM was always my favorite.  I got to talk to him on my honeymoon in old Las Vegas, in 1959.  Very sad when the act broke up. They both did OK.

Sammy Davis Jr. Was one talented man.  I could watch him   forever sing and dance.  Those were the days of real talent.  I enjoyed watching the U tube of them and Cher.

The stupid so call talent of today doesn't compare, sorry.  Johnny Carson was funny as were his guest.  No gimmicks.  Singers sang, no loud noise or electrons to cover up a bad voice.  No videos, but just them up on stage.

Thanks for directing me to u tube to see them and good memories

What great memories!!  I wish I could have been there in SF and seen them in person. 

Honored Contributor

Remember Sheree North as Kramer's mom, Babs on Seinfeld, and as Blanche's sis on Golden Girls.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Remember Sheree North as Kramer's mom, Babs on Seinfeld, and as Blanche's sis on Golden Girls.

I'll have to look that up.  Learn something new everyday.