New Contributor

Re: Jepoardy who are the Host nominees

[ Edited ]

Agree, agree, agree with mspat.

Trusted Contributor

I just had the weird outside of the box idea of Dan Abrams. 

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

And by the way - who could be smarmier than Mike Rowe.  Yep - fired from QVC for it basically.

And Ryan Seacrest is great but how much more can he do - not realistic.

Same with so many others.  

I love James H too - really wanted him to be the GOAT.  

Actually, Mike Rowe was fired three times from QVC, and he has written many times that it was justified. He spoke of it in a lovely tribute to Joan Rivers, which he wrote after she died. Smart, funny, good looking, with a fabulous voice- both in speaking and singing opera. Jeopardy, are you listening?

@mom2four0418 

thanks to you i just read that tribute. it was wonderful. joan would have loved it.  i think mike rowe would make an excellent host......going to add him to my personal list. LOL

https://mikerowe.com/2014/09/joan-rivers/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 for the Mike Rowe link.  Fantastic!  You can add me to the Rowe for Jeopardy host.  He would be a hoot. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Didn't Alex recommended Betty White? lol. I do believe that if Ken Jennings wants the job, it's his.

Respected Contributor

Wow about Mike Rowe being fired three times.  

I don't think we need a hoot for a host.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I would like to see John Stamos or Patrick Dempsey.Cat Wink

My two picks would have been Mayim Bialek or Neil Patrick Harris.  I think either of them are "smart" enough and have the acting experience that comes in handy for TV.  

From your list, I do like George @skatting44 .  

@lolakimono I hadn't even thought about Mayim Bialek, but she would be very good! She is extremely smart, and has a great sense of humor, I think she would be a great choice as well..... 

Respected Contributor

Fun to read the list.  I like Mayim.  But, would like to see Alex's choices audition, too: Laura Coates, Alex Faust, and Ben Mankiewicz.

I remember when Mike Rowe hosted on QVC.  I thought he was good, but they were so strict back then.  The female hosts weren't even allowed to wear pants.  Glad he went on to  have a great career.

Trusted Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't mind Ken Jennings.  Didn't care for him as a contestant, but think he is surprisingly good as a host and continues to improve.

I dislike everything about Katie Couric and will not be able to watch if they choose her. 

@Tessa Mendoza 

1000000% agree!   No political people!  Just someone nice that keeps their politics to themselves Smiley Happy

I hope they chose the person that does the best job and don't make a choice based on politics or a p.c. choice.   I am really liking Ken Jennings so far and I think he is going to be hard to beat for the spot.

Trusted Contributor

I heard Katie Couric is out. Ken Jennings seems to be doing a great job.