Respected Contributor

Re: Jepoardy who are the Host nominees

And by the way - who could be smarmier than Mike Rowe.  Yep - fired from QVC for it basically.

And Ryan Seacrest is great but how much more can he do - not realistic.

Same with so many others.  

I love James H too - really wanted him to be the GOAT.  

Honored Contributor

I thought I would like Ken J but after watching him I don't care for him at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read this morning that ABC was concerned about Katie Couric due to political comments that she made.  They need someone who does not have an agenda so that they do no alienate their audience.  If they select the wrong person, the show will end.  Right now, it appears that the only one of those announced who does not seem to have an agenda is Ken Jennings.  For those who think that Alex Trebek was never condescending, I found that he could be as his time was winding down.  

Ken Jennings had a personal relationship with Alex Trebek and I think that he wants to honor him.  I do not see the others on the list doing so.  And really, how much more do we really need of Ryan Seacrest or whiny George Stephanopolous?

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

In my area, the episodes with Alex Trebek are still being shown on Saturday nights. Ken Jennings seems like a very nice person, but lacks the charisma to carry on as permanent host. IMO

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

Out of all the names you listed, I'm going with Ken Jennings. I think he is doing a great job.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

And by the way - who could be smarmier than Mike Rowe.  Yep - fired from QVC for it basically.

And Ryan Seacrest is great but how much more can he do - not realistic.

Same with so many others.  

I love James H too - really wanted him to be the GOAT.  

Actually, Mike Rowe was fired three times from QVC, and he has written many times that it was justified. He spoke of it in a lovely tribute to Joan Rivers, which he wrote after she died. Smart, funny, good looking, with a fabulous voice- both in speaking and singing opera. Jeopardy, are you listening?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I read this morning that ABC was concerned about Katie Couric due to political comments that she made.  They need someone who does not have an agenda so that they do no alienate their audience.  If they select the wrong person, the show will end.  Right now, it appears that the only one of those announced who does not seem to have an agenda is Ken Jennings.  For those who think that Alex Trebek was never condescending, I found that he could be as his time was winding down.  

Ken Jennings had a personal relationship with Alex Trebek and I think that he wants to honor him.  I do not see the others on the list doing so.  And really, how much more do we really need of Ryan Seacrest or whiny George Stephanopolous?

Ken Jennings better close down his Twitter account if he doesn't want to come off as controversial. Talk about open mouth insert foot.LOL.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe I said the same thing about Alex on the Jeopardy FB page a couple of years ago and boy did I catch h e l l but many agreed.

As much as I liked Alex his way of condescending towards players I fought really irritating and kind of snotty.

Esteemed Contributor

Aaron Rodgers, attractive, smart and may be ready to retire soon.
Respected Contributor

Alex absolutely was condescending at times. I don't know if it came out towards players he was not fond of, or if he thought they should have known better. But it existed for years. Sometimes after an incorrect response his, "Ohhhhhhh, nooooooo" seemed to translate to, "Are you an idiot?" and you wonder how well he'd have done without the answers in front of him.

I say this as a fan and someone who realizes we all have flaws. 

And no matter who the host becomes, or if they continue rotating host for years, the show will continue.