Honored Contributor

Re: Jepoardy who are the Host nominees

Or Holzhauer.  He's a Cubs fan and knows the agony of defeat.

But Jennings is fine, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@estaw2000 wrote:

Ken Jennings has been doing much better than I expected! It's going to be tough to find a great host! I would love for them to consider Mike Rowe.

Mike Rowe is a loose cannon. I dont think his persona suits Jeopardy.  Remember he used to make fun of items he was selling WHILE WORKING FOR QVC !!!

And that's what makes him so fabulous! Heart

Mike has bigger fish to fry.

The Real Mike Rowe (@mikeroweworks) | Twitter

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I liked James as a contestant and was hoping he would win that GOAT tournament, but I cannot see him hosting anything.  To me, he doesn't have the right personality at all.

Honored Contributor

These are the people scheduled to take a turn at hosting Jeopardy. Katie Couric, Aaron Rodgers, Bill Whitaker and Mayim Bialik.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm probably the only one, and I only saw him on the GOAT episodes, but I really liked James Holzhauer.   I like his intelligence.  I really like his wit.  He just spoke to me as somebody who is enjoyable to watch.  Smiley Happy

You're not alone @chickenbutt , I'm a big fan of James Holzhauer and was rooting for him to win the tournament. That said, I do believe that intellectually Ken is the best of the three when push comes to shove.

I feel like all three--Ken, James, and Brad--have the same dry sense of humor that I find so appealing. 

The trio are sharing the role of the chaser of ABC's The Chase on Thursday nights so you can get a little James fix every 3rd week or so. All three have been the the chaser and all three did an excellent job. I really enjoy seeing them together as a group. 

Oh yeah, I agree with you that, for a host job, Ken is probably the best choice.   I like him, too.   I just felt like I really connected with James so I'll just be a fan of both!  Smiley Happy

I recorded the first episode of 'The Chase' and didn't end up watching it all.  I should have hung in there.  I think it was more me than the show, as I kept feeling confused.  I get confused a lot these days, so I really am pretty sure it was just me.  Maybe I'll try it again.   Thanks for the rec!  Smiley Happy

Glad I'm not alone about James, too.  Smiley Very Happy  

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't mind Ken Jennings.  Didn't care for him as a contestant, but think he is surprisingly good as a host and continues to improve.

I dislike everything about Katie Couric and will not be able to watch if they choose her. 

@Tessa Mendoza 

1000000% agree!   No political people!  Just someone nice that keeps their politics to themselves Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't mind Ken Jennings.  Didn't care for him as a contestant, but think he is surprisingly good as a host and continues to improve.

I dislike everything about Katie Couric and will not be able to watch if they choose her. 

@Tessa Mendoza 

1000000% agree!   No political people!  Just someone nice that keeps their politics to themselves Smiley Happy

@tarsmom  They have scripts and time concerns to follow. Hosts just don't start babbling about their personal lives and thoughts. Why anyone would think they would talk about politics makes no sense. I wish everyone on these forums would keep their politics to themselves. It's against standards and posters seem to love breaking those standards. Get after them please.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@tarsmom wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

@Tessa Mendoza 

@tarsmom  They have scripts and time concerns to follow. Hosts just don't start babbling about their personal lives and thoughts. Why anyone would think they would talk about politics makes no sense. I wish everyone on these forums would keep their politics to themselves. It's against standards and posters seem to love breaking those standards. Get after them please.

@proudlyfromNJ 

I understand your point - I really do.  My point is the people they are considering are very vocal about their politics in their everyday lives and many people are turned off by that.  I prefer the person they select to be a likeable, neutral individual who does a great job with the program.  And that's my opinion - not trying to start anything.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Who would you prefer as Host of Jepoardy ? Any from the list below ? 

Previous news outlets mentioned in Nov  future Host  possibilities as ,   Ken Jennings , George Stephanopoulos ,  Katie Couric,  LeVar Burton , Neil deGrasse Tyson , Pat Sajak ,  Laura Coates ,  Ryan Seacrest.

out of this group......levar burton or george stephanopulos.

personal picks?........anderson cooper, jerry oconnell, joe tessitore, brian williams, brad rutter (if it has to be one of the jeopardy trinity.....he has he best personality.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein