Esteemed Contributor

Jepoardy who are the Host nominees

Who would you prefer as Host of Jepoardy ? Any from the list below ? 

Previous news outlets mentioned in Nov  future Host  possibilities as ,   Ken Jennings , George Stephanopoulos ,  Katie Couric,  LeVar Burton , Neil deGrasse Tyson , Pat Sajak ,  Laura Coates ,  Ryan Seacrest.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jepoardy who are the Host nominees

@skatting44 wrote:

Who would you prefer as Host of Jepoardy ? Any from the list below ? 

Previous news outlets mentioned in Nov  future Host  possibilities as ,   Ken Jennings , George Stephanopoulos ,  Katie Couric,  LeVar Burton , Neil deGrasse Tyson , Pat Sajak ,  Laura Coates ,  Ryan Seacrest.

I think Ken Jennings is doing a great job and I prefer him.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree Ken Jennings is doing a good job.  He is personable, knowledgeable and a good host.  I wish he would stand up though because he looks so short sitting down. Didn't Alex stand up? I can't remember.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand Ken Jennings.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

If we have a vote, mine is for Ken Jennings too. Not sure if he really would want it full time. Too much negativity/politically with a couple others. 

Honored Contributor

without watching them in action, I really have little idea.

I know there are several on that list I would prefer not to watch but if the topics and question they use for the contests interest me, I can deal with lots of different hosts.

after so many years with Trebek it’s hard to think of another person in that role, but I know that’s as much the lure of the familiar as it’s anything else.

Trusted Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

If we have a vote, mine is for Ken Jennings too. Not sure if he really would want it full time. Too much negativity/politically with a couple others. 

@Still Stylish Lady 

I couldn't agree more with your last sentence.  I hope they don't turn this into a political choice and I am afraid they will.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 I personally can't stand Couric but will watch and see how she does as I love the show.

I can't see any of them as a permanent host, and I don't get the big deal about LeVar Burton. He's a good actor but I just don't see it.

I would love Buzzy Cohen to at least do a fill in! He has a great personality and is very peppy!

I think Ken is doing fine but he's said in interviews that he has no interest in doing this permanently.

He's doing much better than I thought he would and I am quite glad.

New Contributor

Ken Jennings has performed well as guest host. He has been low key, pleasant, and informative similar to Alex Trebek. We will see how the other guest hosts play out, but I cannot see the egotists you have mentioned maintaining the decorum that has kept Jeopardy so appealing to many of us. 

Respected Contributor

Ken Jennings.