Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Robin Roberts

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, Levar starts next Monday.  I didn't realize he started campaigning online as Alex's replacement several weeks before Alex died.  How insensitive.

Where did you read this information?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Robin was excellent tonight with the slowest contestants ever.  And she had the most beautiful pink dress, matching shoes and turquoise jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, Levar starts next Monday.  I didn't realize he started campaigning online as Alex's replacement several weeks before Alex died.  How insensitive.

Where did you read this information?

@mom2four0418  on this thread. It won't surprise you that people are posting half-truths or the more accurate word is lies.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   he didn't. You can do a search yourself or read this article.

Honored Contributor

@deeW wrote:

I think I agree with SuzieQ that they already know who the next host will be and that's why these last few guest hosts are only given one week.  I will not watch LaVar Burton because of all the drama he created and his statement that he is the ONLY person who can do the show, and Alex's legacy justice.

A lot of the guest hosts don't want the job, they just want to be a part of an iconic part of TV history.  Some, like Aaron Rogers and Mayim Bialik have a true love of the show and were almost giddy to be on.  While they let it be known they would gladly accept the job if chosen they did not rant and rave and put out petitions to force the network to give them validation.

There have been some good hosts and some bad hosts and if I'm not happy with who they choose I just won't watch.  

@deeW   I hope others won't take your words as law but will take the time to verify for themselves exactly what went down with LeVar Burton regarding Jeopardy. This is how lies start and continue to spread. 👎🏽

Frequent Contributor

There's no point in voicing my choice for host as I think it's a done deal and has been for quite some time. Using guest hosts was just a way to fill time until the new season starts. They didn't want the turnover from Alex to the new host to be too stark and quick. But I will say Robin has been the best dressed. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to LeVar; I think he'll do a good job,though he said his first day didn't go well and received constructive feedback from his wife so he was able to adjust.

Robin's Eyelashes have returned to GMA thankfully.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the new host has been selected and I am anxious to see who it will be. I'm sure it will not be a doctor or fake news personality. I'm hoping for a smart and well-dressed male to carry on in the tradition of Alex.

Respected Contributor

For over 30 years Jeopardy was must-see TV and the family would watch it together every night. I totally lost interest after the first couple months with all these guest hosts and don't even watch most nights. I hope I can get back into it when the permanent host begins. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if they will name one host, or three to four rotating hosts?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix