Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

@chickenbutt  Savannah has been an anchor on NBC's The Today Show for 10 years.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I think I remember her from the "Today" show.  Hope she does a good job as a  "Jeopardy" guest host.

Respected Contributor

In addition to "Today Show" hosting, Savannah Guthrie is an attorney and does political reporting for NBC.  On occasion, she fills in for Lester Holt on the NBC "Nightly News."

I am confident that she will do an an excellent job.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@chickenbutt  Savannah has been an anchor on NBC's The Today Show for 10 years.

@MamaWick.  Too early for me!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Women brag about being mothers, while getting a PHD in anything, much less science, is harder and far more impressive. 

@occasionalrain 

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing.  Since we see the ways some people turn out, I don't think their mothers should be bragging, since they obviously did a pretty awful job!   

Plus the fact that there are no "qualifications" or standards to meet to have a baby.  Even the most UNqualified can become mothers.  Scary thought.    

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Lots of negs about her PHD. I think it is jealousy.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Jealousy ... or stupidity.  Or both.  I guess no one who criticized her mentioning her PhD ever stopped to think that the show's WRITERS wrote her introduction and she read it from a Teleprompter.   

The hosts each have to have an opening statement to introduce themselves to the viewing audience.   No surprise about the criticism from that one, though.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Mayim is doing a great job but I am still Team Buzzy.

He is the guy to beat for me.

@Mersha 

I'm betting that neither Buzzy or Mayim would even want the full time gig. 

The producers were smart to give the viewing audience a wide variety of personalities and styles to consider before they get around to hiring a permanent host.  If they had just hired a replacement, people would have criticized that person for not being more like Alex.    JMO

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Mayim is doing a great job but I am still Team Buzzy.

He is the guy to beat for me.

@Mersha 

I'm betting that neither Buzzy or Mayim would even want the full time gig. 

The producers were smart to give the viewing audience a wide variety of personalities and styles to consider before they get around to hiring a permanent host.  If they had just hired a replacement, people would have criticized that person for not being more like Alex.    JMO

She does want the full-time gig,

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I read somewhere that Buzzy would like to have the permanent hosting gig. I doubt that Mayim would because she has that new comedy show Cat Cafe. Never watched it so don't know how the show is doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Women brag about being mothers, while getting a PHD in anything, much less science, is harder and far more impressive. 

She has children and has been very active in child care and child raising issues through the years.  Why is it bragging to give your credentials? She has spoiken at length about her children. Most people know that she is a PhD and a mother and an actress and a neuroscientist, and a writer, and  a woman for all seasons. Obviously, you have some kind of grudge against this woman. Why, I do not know.

On the contrary, I like and admire her. My intention was to defend her, but it seems I missed the mark.

I guess I somehow got the wrong impression about what you have said.. Mea Culpa. Sorry.