Honored Contributor

Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

[ Edited ]

This is one host I am eager to see. 

"This is such an iconic and unbelievable piece of our collective culture, to be considered to be part of it really in any way, it's an immense honor," said the actress who earned a PhD in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007 in a People article.

She also noted that Alex once made an appearance on Blossom, and that she's been an answer on the Jeopardy before.

I never watched Blossom, but I watched all episodes of The Big Bang Theory, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't believe I have ever heard her on a talk show before, so I have no idea what she may be like as host of Jeopardy.

Looking forward to seeing how her two weeks go!

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

Do you know when her stint begins?    I might actually tune in.  I usually don't, because I'm doing other stuff at that time but I would like to see her hosting.  She's very intelligent and I predict she will do a great job.

I watched Blossom but it was so long ago I really don't remember anything except that she was the lead and Joey Lawrence with the 'Whoa!' line.  He was always so cute.

I also remember her from that Better Midler movie where she played the young Bette M character.  She's always had a lot of talent.

I also watched TBBT and, while I grew to hate the Sheldon character, I think she was a perfect addition to the cast.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt :  tonight. 

She's hosting May 31st through June 11th.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she was on What Not To Wear. 

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@chickenbutt :  tonight. 

She's hosting May 31st through June 11th.

Thank You so much!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

For years Mayim has uploaded videos on Youtube and also had a website called "Grok Nation" that featured all sorts of topics such as culture, news, family, health, etc. I followed it for quite a while but around the 1st of the year she transitioned into podcasting (hasn't everyone, lol?).

Her podcast, called "Mayim Bialik's Breakdown" can be heard on Apple podcasts, Spotify, or viewed on Youtube and deals primarily with mental health. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found her voice easy to listen to, and she enunciated clearly.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Do you know when her stint begins?    I might actually tune in.  I usually don't, because I'm doing other stuff at that time but I would like to see her hosting.  She's very intelligent and I predict she will do a great job.

I watched Blossom but it was so long ago I really don't remember anything except that she was the lead and Joey Lawrence with the 'Whoa!' line.  He was always so cute.

I also remember her from that Better Midler movie where she played the young Bette M character.  She's always had a lot of talent.

I also watched TBBT and, while I grew to hate the Sheldon character, I think she was a perfect addition to the cast.

Beaches is the movie.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

Within 2 questions I knew she was the person I want to continue as the host.  Her voice, the tone, the tempo....She wins for me.  I would have never expected it.

Respected Contributor

@ShopperL wrote:

Within 2 questions I knew she was the person I want to continue as the host.  Her voice, the tone, the tempo....She wins for me.  I would have never expected it.

I did expct it! Brava!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky