Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

@Somertime wrote:

I am thoroughly enjoying her!  I think she handles herself exceeding well and engages nicely with the contestants even at the end of the show while rolling the credits, she talks, reacts and engages with the contestants.  She's friendly in a very nice way.

Her hairstyle does not bother me and I think it suits her.  Most hairstyles, today, look like unfinished beds (my husbands expression as a hairstylist).  If she becomes the permanent host, she will have a stylist provided by the show for her as did Alex.  In

the meantime, she is wearing her own personal clothes that suit her and her lifestyle.

I have no doubt that a lot of our personal wardrobes are not TV ready!

@Somertime 

Most of our wardrobes aren't TV ready because we aren't in the public eye. 

MB, as well as any other actress, KNOWS that anything they purchase and wear will be photographed sooner or later.   The other day she wore a suit with a cranberry colored silky blouse  and it was terribly wrinkled and the jacket bunched up.   She was right to stay hidden behind the podium because that selection did her no favors! 

IMO, it would have been a good idea to at least consult with a stylist.  She should have made an effort to look presentable.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

Mayim's hair iand fashion choices are so much better than Amy Farrah Fowler's.

This is true! 

I'm not going to judge Mayim's fashion because I'm no fashion plate and never have been.  Heck, you should see me now - Around the house I'm wearing what I call my 'dog hair clothes'.  I have a GIANT t-shirt on that's probably a 2XL, so it goes almost to my knees and you could fit two of me in it.  I'm wearing a pair of pull-on pants that are  a huge size L and I could fit both legs in one leg.   I wouldn't want to be seen.

When I go out in public, of course, I dress better but, again, I'm NOT a fashion plate.  I wear casual clean (the ones I wear outside of the house actually fit me. heh), just classic stuff that most would probably  find unappealing, too, if they were to judge me.  Whatever.

I find her so likable and she's extremely intelligent.  I like the way she's doing the show and some of the little things she tosses out there.  It adds to the show w/o taking up a bunch of time, so I find it entirely appropriate.

I'll miss her after she has finished.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

Mayim's hair iand fashion choices are so much better than Amy Farrah Fowler's.

This is true! 

I'm not going to judge Mayim's fashion because I'm no fashion plate and never have been.  Heck, you should see me now - Around the house I'm wearing what I call my 'dog hair clothes'.  I have a GIANT t-shirt on that's probably a 2XL, so it goes almost to my knees and you could fit two of me in it.  I'm wearing a pair of pull-on pants that are  a huge size L and I could fit both legs in one leg.   I wouldn't want to be seen.

When I go out in public, of course, I dress better but, again, I'm NOT a fashion plate.  I wear casual clean (the ones I wear outside of the house actually fit me. heh), just classic stuff that most would probably  find unappealing, too, if they were to judge me.  Whatever.

I find her so likable and she's extremely intelligent.  I like the way she's doing the show and some of the little things she tosses out there.  It adds to the show w/o taking up a bunch of time, so I find it entirely appropriate.

I'll miss her after she has finished.

@chickenbutt  OK we get it, you aren't a fashion plate. But you also aren't on TV being seen by millions of people and forever preserved on videotape.  I wouldn't compare yourself to MB!

Honored Contributor

I'm into fashion so I have to agree Mayim isn't going to start any trends, still she more than makes up for any fashion missteps. She manages to be both brilliant and fun which is uncommon.

I'll be sorry when her two weeks are up.

Respected Contributor

I am truly enjoying Ms.  Bialik.  She keeps the show moving, and the guests engaged.  The time flies.   In terms of her wardrobe, she doesn't call attention to herself, rather the contestants are the focus, as they should be. 

I am looking forward to Levar Burton, but currently my favorites in order are:  Mike Richards, Buzzy Cohen, and Mayim Bialik.  I have to add that I have been a fan of MB's since Blossom and of course The Big Bang Theory.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

As most on here have already stated, I think Mayim is doing a great job.  As far as how she is dressing, etc, I think it is fine.  She obviously is comfortable in her own skin and isn't worried about how fashionable she appears.  Although her clothing choices aren't my cup of tea, I find it refreshing that someone on TV isn't dressing like a hoochie mama.  👩‍🏫

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I think her hair is cute!  And her style is just her.  I actually like it.  Now what i don't like about her.  She offers too many anecdotal comments in reply to contestants answers.  I find it annoying.  And i also find her to be too "oh yeh you got that one right".  My favs are Ken Jennings and Buzzy Cohen so far.

@Shawnie. I thought she mentions herself too much too with anecdotal experiences --- more than I'd like -- but it really didn't bother me until today.  There were too many today and it did bother me. Mayim, enough about you...just emcee the game!

Esteemed Contributor

@luvzchiz ... have you seen Beaches with Bette Midler?  Mayim was fantastic in that. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   Yes! She was indeed. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@SloopJohnB, oh my goodness, too funny. I haven't heard the term hoochie mama used in years. Are we dating ourselves?

I like Mayim's hair. It suits her. Sort of wavy then fluffed out.