Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

In the New York area, Jeopardy was preempted on Tuesday night due to a political debate.  We have been a day behind all week and will see Friday's show tonight - Saturday.

Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

She was great! Best yet,so far.

To me, there is NO comparison-love her!  She's articulate, clear,  serious yet kind and interested in the game-please just hire that girl!! Enough already...

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I didn't have any expectations one way or the other.  The only thing that she has been that I have seen is The Big Bang Theory and I didn't see that many episodes.  So, I didn't know much about her.  

Boy , was I impressed.  I just saw her today but she nailed it.  Of all the ones who have been a guest host so far, I think she would be perfect.

I don't have one complaint.  I thought everything she did and didn't do was spot on.  

In fact, she reminded me most of Alex.  Calm, professional, appropriate funny comments without being a comedian, perfect pacing, pronunciation etc.  I will be watching the rest of her appearances.  

Oh, one more thing, does anyone know if she is actually interested in doing this on a permanent basis?  Or is she one that is doing it for fun and that is it?   I haven't heard.

YES, YES,YES,YES-Hire her, PLEASE!

Honored Contributor

It will be nice to have her this week too.

Always tentative when a new guest host starts. I like the game, but if the host is not someone I am enjoying, then I have skipped those games. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mayim is still doing a great job. But I still think she is badly in need of a stylist...and a hair brush (I hate when hair is messy).

@dulwich  Two categories you would have liked tonight: U.K. Television  and Heir Guitar (heirs of guitarists).   @Witchy Woman 

in the latter category they showed a photo of Sir Paul ❤  playing onstage with Dhani and the question was: Paul McCartney said when playing with Dhani it's like this person has never aged and we all did."  [Answer of course was who is George Harrison?]

I loved Paul's ststement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - I agree about Mayim needing a stylist.  In her bio on IMDB she stated she decided to dress as a Jewish woman (don't remember if she said Orthodox) and not wear pants, only skirts below knee length.  Maybe she has been advised to dress differently due to her career.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee - I agree about Mayim needing a stylist.  In her bio on IMDB she stated she decided to dress as a Jewish woman (don't remember if she said Orthodox) and not wear pants, only skirts below knee length.  Maybe she has been advised to dress differently due to her career.

@twinsister  Hmmm. That doesn't explain the disheveled hair. Also, as I posted above, I'm Jewish and have Orthodox friends and relatives. They follow the religious rules for dressing but most are still quite stylish. IMO Mayim looked very frumpy tonight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Yes - her hair was messy looking tonight.  She has looked frumpy to me on a few nights. I agree that a woman can still look stylish and follow religious observations.  I was surprised to read her comments on IMDB.   Hope I did not insult you any way.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Pearlee - Yes - her hair was messy looking tonight.  She has looked frumpy to me on a few nights. I agree that a woman can still look stylish and follow religious observations.  I was surprised to read her comments on IMDB.   Hope I did not insult you any way.

@twinsister  Oh not at all.  👍

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the rest of you, but I felt like tonight's program just FLEW by! It seemed to go at a super fast speed. And yes, same number of questions/answers as any other show. Can't believe how Mayim keeps up with her fast, yet very clear, talking.

I was out of breath by the end of it! LOL!