Valued Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Mayim Bialik

I'm really enjoying  Mayim.  Her voice is easy to listen to, no giggling or cutesy act.  I appreciate her perfect enunciation and pacing.  

As to her clothes and hair, I didn't mind either.  I like her easy-going manner and enthusiasm and would be happy to have her as the permanent host.  

Respected Contributor

Mayim seems very much at ease, very polished. I know the guest host are given some rehearsal time, but I wonder if she didn't start rehearsing on her own the moment she was confirmed as a guest host. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I'm happy to read that you complimented Mayim in your last post. But you did criticize her in your previous one for mentioning her credentials.  You did exactly the same thing in your previous post.  Just wondering why it's OK for you and not for her?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't have any expectations one way or the other.  The only thing that she has been that I have seen is The Big Bang Theory and I didn't see that many episodes.  So, I didn't know much about her.  

Boy , was I impressed.  I just saw her today but she nailed it.  Of all the ones who have been a guest host so far, I think she would be perfect.

I don't have one complaint.  I thought everything she did and didn't do was spot on.  

In fact, she reminded me most of Alex.  Calm, professional, appropriate funny comments without being a comedian, perfect pacing, pronunciation etc.  I will be watching the rest of her appearances.  

Oh, one more thing, does anyone know if she is actually interested in doing this on a permanent basis?  Or is she one that is doing it for fun and that is it?   I haven't heard.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee I'm happy to read that you complimented Mayim in your last post. But you did criticize her in your previous one for mentioning her credentials.  You did exactly the same thing in your previous post.  Just wondering why it's OK for you and not for her?

@Linmo  First of all, I complimented her in two posts; in my first post also. Second of all, she mentions her credentials frequently, including within about the first couple of minutes of Monday's Jeopardy.  I do not. I mentioned mine here solely because I anticipated that someone would respond to my criticism of her that I was jealous.  I anticipated that and took the offensive to say I have no reason to be.

Oh I just saw her commercial a minute ago where she touts being smart and a neuroscientist.  Gee, I've been on these forums for years and have mentioned my credentials --- purposely without specificity--maybe three times in all those years. 

This is my only response to you on this thread. I will not be continuing this discussion with you. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee No need to respond.  She should be proud of her credentials, just like I'm sure you are of yours.  If I was a rocket scientist, I definitely would let everyone know about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched a bit of Jeopardy tonight.  She was very good.  I may tune in tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I didn't have any expectations one way or the other.  The only thing that she has been that I have seen is The Big Bang Theory and I didn't see that many episodes.  So, I didn't know much about her.  

Boy , was I impressed.  I just saw her today but she nailed it.  Of all the ones who have been a guest host so far, I think she would be perfect.

I don't have one complaint.  I thought everything she did and didn't do was spot on.  

In fact, she reminded me most of Alex.  Calm, professional, appropriate funny comments without being a comedian, perfect pacing, pronunciation etc.  I will be watching the rest of her appearances.  

Oh, one more thing, does anyone know if she is actually interested in doing this on a permanent basis?  Or is she one that is doing it for fun and that is it?   I haven't heard.

She would like to be the permanent host.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I was very impressed with her again last night. She seems to really enjoy it too, which is always nice to see in a host. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

She would like to be the permanent host.

Good news, I vote for her!