Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Joe Buck - August 9-13

@Keybra wrote:

I am so glad the heavy set lady did not win. She was annoying and I cannot stand to see someone who can only be told by her name that she is a male or female. Matt is a little boring but he certainly has a far ranging breadth of knowledge...

@Keybra 

???     Seriously?   I knew she was female, even though her hair was short.   

Respected Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

I am so glad the heavy set lady did not win. She was annoying and I cannot stand to see someone who can only be told by her name that she is a male or female. Matt is a little boring but he certainly has a far ranging breadth of knowledge...

What are you talking about?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

I'm not a fan of Joe Buck.  Joe Buck seems to love Joe Buck from what I've seen through the years.  LOL!

Honored Contributor

The winner sure is making history. Only betting $1 on an answer he knew; assume he was not comfortable with the cagetory. But he also has had some big losses.....was it $37,000 on an answer where he was wrong. But he is still number 3 in Jeopardy history winnings, I think.

Respected Contributor

i think Buck did a good job.    not a fan of his sports commentary, but he has the voice. Joe Buck has an obvious bias towards certain sports orgs.  

Matt seemed on shaky ground yesterday, i'm happy he won, the woman was a good challenger though.

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't stand her because of the way she spoke, like a little girl.  You could tell she was female, but didn't dress as one, her choice, just her manner of speaking bothered me.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I couldn't stand her because of the way she spoke, like a little girl.  You could tell she was female, but didn't dress as one, her choice, just her manner of speaking bothered me.

What rules are there for how a female dresses?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I liked Joe Buck, maybe because I knew that he did not want the permanent job.  Friday's game was a close one for Matt, up until final jeopardy.  I was glad that he pulled through because I could not stand listening to the woman contestant.  I do hope that Matt continues, and I am amazed at how smart he is.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Keybra wrote:

@Keybra 

???    What are you talking about?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some reason I am reminded of the old SNL skits with the character named "Pat."  Woman Tongue  Not judging, because I didn't see the Jeopardy episode, but from the tone of some of the comments this is what came to mind...