Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Joe Buck - August 9-13

@elizabethl123 wrote:

READ  MIKE RICHARDSWILL TAKE OVER 

@elizabethl123  Yes, I believe everyone has read about this and it has been posted on the boards here. 

Honored Contributor

This new guy - I think he did a pretty good job but something about him kind of makes me uneasy.   I don't usually get those vibes for no reason, but I'm still watching - primarily because Matt.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Joe Buck is a sports announcer for the NFL and MLB. I watch NFL games and am not real fond of his style, but he has won various awards, so he is highly regarded. I haven't seen him on Jeopardy yet. 

@teganslaw 

Well, that explains a lot.  I was not impressed.  He would be better off moderating the game show Steve Harvey has, although I can't remember the name of the show.  

He seemed to me more like the high energy comedian that will spend time with a live TV audience before taping begins and get them all amped up.  Too cheerleader-ish.

Valued Contributor

I've been a fan of the NFL for YEARS, so I'm very familiar with Joe Buck.

I suspected he'd do a good job, and he did IMHO - He came across as personable, cool, and relaxed.

I didn't notice him "yelling" at all, and he seemed to be having fun, as he engaged with the contestants.

He doesn't want the job - He's just there to raise $$$$ for his charity.

Esteemed Contributor

He's fabulous.  Day 2 even better than Day 1.

He's great.  Matt is wonderful.

Highly enjoyable Jeopardy viewing all around.

Respected Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

David Faber was my favorite.  I was totally impressed with his ease of doing the hosting and his interaction with the contestants.

Sanjay Gupta was my next favorite guest host.

Those were my two favorites also.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually enjoying Joe, something of an unexpected surprise.

I don't know about long term, but for now, he's fun.

Honored Contributor

He reminds me of a carnival barker. Not in looks, in how he speaks, like he's hawking something.  Loud and fast talking.

The program isn't enjoyable since with Matt so far ahead, there is no competition.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

He reminds me of a carnival barker. Not in looks, in how he speaks, like he's hawking something.  Loud and fast talking.

The program isn't enjoyable since with Matt so far ahead, there is no competition.

I just saw him today for the first time and was surprised.  I've seen him cover a NFL game a million times but thought he was one of the better guest hosts.  I'm happy with Mike Richards as the new permanent host.  I thought he did a great job.  I suspect he had the job after he finished his time as guest host.  That was probably just to put the icing on the cake to seal the deal.   I think he will be good.

Respected Contributor

I'm enjoying this week and Joe is pretty good at hosting.  I noticed that Matt is waging smaller amounts during the final jeopardy question since 2 times last week he lost big amounts, lol.  Matt is doing great....1/2 million dollars so far.  Good for him.