Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Joe Buck - August 9-13

@kittykatkay wrote:

I'm enjoying this week and Joe is pretty good at hosting.  I noticed that Matt is waging smaller amounts during the final jeopardy question since 2 times last week he lost big amounts, lol.  Matt is doing great....1/2 million dollars so far.  Good for him.

@kittykatkay  And got all the Daily doubles and I think wagered only $2,000 each time during double Jeopardy.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

I'm enjoying this week and Joe is pretty good at hosting.  I noticed that Matt is waging smaller amounts during the final jeopardy question since 2 times last week he lost big amounts, lol.  Matt is doing great....1/2 million dollars so far.  Good for him.

@kittykatkay  And got all the Daily doubles and I think wagered only $2,000 each time during double Jeopardy.  

@Pearlee ...lol, yes he did.  And the last two nights, ...the final jeopardy question, he had the right answer and crossed them out and put in the wrong answer.  HA HA.....Bless his heart.

Honored Contributor

I watched Monday and Tuesday's shows tonight and thought this guy (Joe Buck) was boring.  Even the game was boring.  I admire the guy who has won over $400K dollars, but I think even he thinks he's boring.

What's crazy is, my husband didn't seem to know this guy and he watches sports allllll the time.

I'm looking forward to Mike Richards hosting.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm actually enjoying Joe, something of an unexpected surprise.

I don't know about long term, but for now, he's fun.

Same here.

Honored Contributor

Good bye Joe!

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Good bye Joe!

@Tique  The Buck stopped there. 😁

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm actually enjoying Joe, something of an unexpected surprise.

I don't know about long term, but for now, he's fun.

Same here.

Me too.  Had no idea who he was.  He was engaging.

Respected Contributor

I'd heard the name Joe Buck and may have seen him a time or two on some sporting event, but not being a sports fan, I'm not that familiar with him.

I thought he did really well as host.  I enjoyed him.  He was lively and entertaining, articulate and came across very well imo.

The gal today sure did give Matt a run for his $$.  Too bad she didn't have the answer in Final Jeopardy but Matt still would have won by $1 if she did.  I thought tonight might be the night he flames out.

So what happens now?  No more guest hosts.  Does the show go on hiatus until the new host comes back?  Does Matt take a trip to New Zealand for his 'Lord of the Rings' adventure and then return when the new season starts?  How will this affect him?  Will a break do him good, or break his momentum?  I thought he was a little slower today buzzing in.  Maybe a break would be good for him. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Matt will return on September 13, when the new season premieres.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

I am so glad the heavy set lady did not win. She was annoying and I cannot stand to see someone who can only be told by her name that she is a male or female. Matt is a little boring but he certainly has a far ranging breadth of knowledge...