Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with George Stephanopoulos

Not joking, appearance matters on TV. It's a visual medium.

When talkies came along, established silent film stars lost jobs. TV eliminated radio stars; there's even a song about it. Jennings is too short for Jeopardy, better he should be cast as an aging Doogie Hauser. 

Valued Contributor

I don't care for George at all.  I find him lacking in personality and dry.  Haven't watched GMA in years, and remember him sitting there with the other co-hosts and not adding anything to the conversations.  Just sitting there with a smug look on his face.  He can do interviews with political figures but not so much with people in the entertainment world.  I don't think he has the likability factor at all  IMO of course.

Regular Contributor

Maybe the new host will be Aaron Rodgers since he won't give the Packers any indication if he will be coming back for this upcoming season.  I have been a Packer fan since I was a child and I won't cry if he leaves.  I feel the way he is treating his team and his fans is horrible so Jeopardy can have him. IMHO!!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

If they choose Jennings, people will feel set up; led to believe others were considered, the ones who want the position, when they never had a chance.

@occasionalrain   As I said, although not that people would be feel set up.

Eyes on your own paper.Woman LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

With the exception of two or three of the guest hosts I don't think any were being considered for the job.  The majority of the guest hosts, IMO, were fillers to complete the season.  Also, perhaps, to gauge the type of personality viewers would accept as the new host.

I would not be surprised if someone not even mentioned were given the position.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

This is what i think is going on.  I believe it will be Ken Jennings and they had to wait for his commitment with The Chase to expire before he could move into the Jeopardy host spot.  They should be filming the first fall episodes about now and i would bet big money that Ken is the host!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Aaron Rogers has said he wants the job.

Jennings has a girlie voice, a jokey tone, too know as a professional contestant, Jeopardy isn't his only game show, and he's too short.

@occasionalrain 

Woman Surprised  Ok, Randy Newman.

So they make a shorter podium for him already.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, heck no!

Honored Contributor

He can't stay concealed behind the podium. He has to come out to do the interviews. 

There is no stillness about him. I dislike animated people. Any moment they could go rogue into a tap dance. Tap dancing is frenetic and cringey.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

He can't stay concealed behind the podium. He has to come out to do the interviews. 

There is no stillness about him. I dislike animated people. Any moment they could go rogue into a tap dance. Tap dancing is frenetic and cringey.

@occasionalrain 

Now you are just being silly.

And yes, he does have to come out to greet the contestants but what does his height have to do with it,  Randy?