Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with George Stephanopoulos

@Vivian wrote:

The show's director, whom I think followed Ken, did a fantastic job. He's unknown to TV audiences so he's unlikely to get the host job. Mayim was terrific. With television being such a visual medium, the powers-that-be might insist on a stylist, a make-up artist, and a hairdresser to work with Mayim's image. I know, why comment on the woman's look but not any of the men? It's totally unfair but I think that women have always been, and still are, treated with their looks in mind...not so for the men, at least to the extent women are.

Mike Richards is the executive producer of both Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

WELL.....tonight's final question was a stumper for me.  The ANSWER was "Huey, Duey and Louie".  I sure didn't get that one right, lol.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

I think he is doing a great job.  Alex was no Mr Entertainment on the show and I don't think the host should be.  Most of them tried to entertain while hosting.  Just host.  Be pleasant, have good pacing, show interest in the contestants etc.  No need for all the jokes, giant grins etc.

So far, I like Sanjay and George the best but they have great careers and don't see them giving that up to host Jeopardy.   After them, I like Mayim and Aaron Rogers.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I think he is doing a great job.  Alex was no Mr Entertainment on the show and I don't think the host should be.  Most of them tried to entertain while hosting.  Just host.  Be pleasant, have good pacing, show interest in the contestants etc.  No need for all the jokes, giant grins etc.

@Bridgegal  Right on! Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jeopardy Guest Hosts Ranked by Ratings: From Ken Jennings to Sanjay Gupta

By The Wrap writer, Tony Maglio, July 14, 2021.

“The Wrap has ranked all the Jeopardy guest hosts by their average rating.” So it is based on the ratings the show itself got during each of the weeks these people were hosts, which would be the national Nielsen numbers for the Sony show.

11th place – Savannah Guthrie (average rating of 4.8) 

10th place – Dr. Sanjay Gupta (4.9)

9th place – Anderson Cooper (5.0)

6th place (tie) – Mayim Bialik, Buzzy Cohen, and Dr. Oz (5.1)

5th place – Bill Whitaker (5.2)

4th place – Katie Couric (5.5)

3rd place – Aaron Rodgers (5.6)

2nd place – Mike Richards (5.9)

1st place – Ken Jennings (average rating of 6.0)

The writer did acknowledge that “This, too, is a bit unfair, as the highest ratings of 2021 were all pretty frontloaded for the first guys.”

Honored Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@EastCoastGal On the flip side you say he will do well and you did not watch him yet. Same thing

@Janey2 .... Nope! Not the same thing because l said I THINK  he will do very well... Perhaps you should go back and read my comment again.

@EastCoastGal   To-may-toe  to-mah-toe.

If you THINK he will do well then it's the same thing as saying he will do well.

You already have the pov.

It is the same difference, if you will.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Marine champ tonight was amazing.

I hope he does well.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

It doesn't surprise me that Ken Jennings is in the #1 spot.

He was supported so much during his champioship and the others are just fillers so that it doesn't look as though Ken was handed the spot based on his winnings.

Some of these guest hosts would not be considering to be a full-time host considering their other career responsibilities.

It made for good ratings.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

If they choose Jennings, people will feel set up; led to believe others were considered, the ones who want the position, when they never had a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

Truth &  Trust , not so much