Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with George Stephanopoulos

@Shawnie wrote:

@Spurt @Yes that is my girl!!  She is a DSH.  Yours looks like she might be  Medium Haired?

@Shawnie 

The one in my Avatar has medium fur and doesn't shed at all, and the other is long haired and gives my vacuum a work out....😸

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hate to say it because I would do no better, but Mr. Stephanopoulos's performance last night left me wanting. I think part of it is that I don't find his voice pleasant to listen to, and I still don't feel his personality works well for this show. He is probably a very nice man, and I could be wrong in my assessment, but I feel he is not a good fit. Probably doesn't want the job anyway.

Respected Contributor

George is doing a good job....in fact, I think all the hosts should be commended for at least getting up there and doing this and especially for getting money for various charities.  Of course George doesn't want this....he wanted the night spot that David Muir now holds (so glad David got it, I really like David).

However, no matter who is the permanent host they select, I will continue to watch Jeopardy because I love this game show so much.  Keeps my brain fit and I enjoy the "guessing" of answers.  If I get the answers wrong, well....I learn something.  But, if I get the answers right, I'm jumping for joy and shaking my booty, lol.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Spurt Steve Harvey is very much a host in the order of the original Richard Dawson.  Remember he kissed all the women and made uncomfortable comments pretty much like Harvey does.  Harvey is just a man of his times.  Certainly not what the Jeopardy viewers are looking for in a replacement for Alec T.

@Shawnie 

Now I will agree whoever said that Harvey would be a "fun" candidate for Jeopardy is WAY OFF BASE and not what Jeopardy is all about.....

Now I disagree --no way can Dawson's kiss be compared to all the shennigans that Harvey says and  does (and yes Dawson's kiss was cringe worthy and the other subsequent Family Feud hosts---Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley  stopped the practice)...Now on the same Game Show Network that Harvey's on, the rest of the hosts act respectful and are true professionals and certainly dont follow Harvey's lead. And well the mantra, its a sign of the times and anything goes is just no excuse!!!--HARVEY is showing who he is and revels in it! .....I dont see how the networks put up with his sexist attitude and the overall tone of the show.....inviting a potential lawsuit for sure

P.S. Love the kitty in your avatar, is it your cat?  Nice to see another Tuxey.....I have two!!!

@Shawnie   @Spurt 

Sorry, Shawnie, but SH is definitely NOT "a man of his times"  ...  he's just a sleazy, ignorant guy ....  and I'm betting he gives a lot of female viewers the creeps. 

While I would never presume to say that any celebrity or sports figure should be thought of as a role model, I shudder to think somewhere an underage viewer thinks SH is cool and someone to aspire to copy.  Ugh.

One more thing .... I also have a Tuxedo .... Bogey is charcoal and white, and has the sweetest temperament of any animal I've ever known!  Cat Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittykatkay wrote:

George is doing a good job....in fact, I think all the hosts should be commended for at least getting up there and doing this and especially for getting money for various charities.  Of course George doesn't want this....he wanted the night spot that David Muir now holds (so glad David got it, I really like David).

However, no matter who is the permanent host they select, I will continue to watch Jeopardy because I love this game show so much.  Keeps my brain fit and I enjoy the "guessing" of answers.  If I get the answers wrong, well....I learn something.  But, if I get the answers right, I'm jumping for joy and shaking my booty, lol.

@kittykatkay 

ITA about George ... and David.

People have frequently mentioned that some of the guest hosts don't have much "personality".   They seem to ignore that none of these people have ever hosted a game show before and are often evaluated by their first night,   

All I can say is that if I were guest hosting a game show, I would hope to be evaluated based on my last night, not the first night.  After all, Alex fine-tuned his hosting skills for this show over decades.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ...well said and I agree.  

Honored Contributor

@kittykatkay 

ITA about George ... and David.

People have frequently mentioned that some of the guest hosts don't have much "personality".   They seem to ignore that none of these people have ever hosted a game show before and are often evaluated by their first night,   

All I can say is that if I were guest hosting a game show, I would hope to be evaluated based on my last night, not the first night.  After all, Alex fine-tuned his hosting skills for this show over decades.

@Tinkrbl44 Totally agree with what you said. No better way of explaining our expectations. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Spurt Steve Harvey is very much a host in the order of the original Richard Dawson.  Remember he kissed all the women and made uncomfortable comments pretty much like Harvey does.  Harvey is just a man of his times.  Certainly not what the Jeopardy viewers are looking for in a replacement for Alec T.

@Shawnie 

Now I will agree whoever said that Harvey would be a "fun" candidate for Jeopardy is WAY OFF BASE and not what Jeopardy is all about.....

Now I disagree --no way can Dawson's kiss be compared to all the shennigans that Harvey says and  does (and yes Dawson's kiss was cringe worthy and the other subsequent Family Feud hosts---Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley  stopped the practice)...Now on the same Game Show Network that Harvey's on, the rest of the hosts act respectful and are true professionals and certainly dont follow Harvey's lead. And well the mantra, its a sign of the times and anything goes is just no excuse!!!--HARVEY is showing who he is and revels in it! .....I dont see how the networks put up with his sexist attitude and the overall tone of the show.....inviting a potential lawsuit for sure

P.S. Love the kitty in your avatar, is it your cat?  Nice to see another Tuxey.....I have two!!!

@Shawnie   @Spurt 

Sorry, Shawnie, but SH is definitely NOT "a man of his times"  ...  he's just a sleazy, ignorant guy ....  and I'm betting he gives a lot of female viewers the creeps. 

While I would never presume to say that any celebrity or sports figure should be thought of as a role model, I shudder to think somewhere an underage viewer thinks SH is cool and someone to aspire to copy.  Ugh.

One more thing .... I also have a Tuxedo .... Bogey is charcoal and white, and has the sweetest temperament of any animal I've ever known!  Cat Happy

@Tinkrbl44 

ITA with everything you said about SH! 

Oh, so you have sweet Tuxedo cat too---I really think it should be a recognized breed by the Cat Fanciers Association---- HUGS to Bogey! Heart

One of my Tux's, Puddy cat, is just a  sweety pie and loves to be petted, and the other is Figaro and she is a diva and very smart and thinks she rules the house....she's also a watch cat and lets me know if anyone is at the door before they even knock....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I love George and his wife Ali. He did a good job the other night, but so have many of the others. I think most of them would do a good job, but I don't think they all want a permanent assignment.

Esteemed Contributor

The show's director, whom I think followed Ken, did a fantastic job. He's unknown to TV audiences so he's unlikely to get the host job. Mayim was terrific. With television being such a visual medium, the powers-that-be might insist on a stylist, a make-up artist, and a hairdresser to work with Mayim's image. I know, why comment on the woman's look but not any of the men? It's totally unfair but I think that women have always been, and still are, treated with their looks in mind...not so for the men, at least to the extent women are.