Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with George Stephanopoulos

I agree with all of you about the personality being less than what we might want. But considering it is Jeopardy, I don't think we can expect Mr. Stephanopoulos to be too funny. 

I like Steve Harvey, but in no way do I think he would be a good fit for Jeopardy. He could handle the job, make the contestants feel at home, etc., but I can't imagine him being able to tone it down with the facial expressions and the innuendos. ha!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't recall, but surely the producers mentioned at some point WHAT they are looking for in a host. I would be interested in knowing what their criterion is for picking a replacement. What characteristics they would insist upon or desire in the new host going forward.

Respected Contributor

GS needs a hair cut.  I too am tired of these guest hosts.  My vote would go to either Ken Jennings, Buzzy Cohen or Mike Richards.  I did enjoy Sanjay Gupta very much but no way is he giving up his multiple day jobs.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

GS needs a hair cut.  I too am tired of these guest hosts.  My vote would go to either Ken Jennings, Buzzy Cohen or Mike Richards.  I did enjoy Sanjay Gupta very much but no way is he giving up his multiple day jobs.  

@Shawnie  I didn't know who most of these guest hosts even were. I don't watch any daytime tv or sitcoms. I also liked Ken and Buzzy along with Mayim and Sanjay Gupta or whatever his name is. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

Maybe they should just make it funny and let GS's wife have a try at it and Steve Harvey as well.  I bet Ryan Seacrest wants a shot at it too, he has a nice smile. Cat Very Happy

@agb80 

Please NO----NOT Steve Harvey he has turned Family Feud into the most RAUNCHY game show, he really encourages that behavior and outrageous answers from the contestants!!! And seems to come on to the more attractive ones....  If they want someone that's just "fun" I'd rather have John Michael Higgins he does a good job on "American Says" on the Game Show Network....his peronality is warm and welcoming with the contestants. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Maybe they should just make it funny and let GS's wife have a try at it and Steve Harvey as well.  I bet Ryan Seacrest wants a shot at it too, he has a nice smile. Cat Very Happy

@agb80 

Oh please ....    Have you ever SEEN Steve Harvey on his game show?  He's equal parts buffoon and stupidity.   The Jeopardy host will be selected from a group of intelligent candidates.  JMO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt Steve Harvey is very much a host in the order of the original Richard Dawson.  Remember he kissed all the women and made uncomfortable comments pretty much like Harvey does.  Harvey is just a man of his times.  Certainly not what the Jeopardy viewers are looking for in a replacement for Alec T.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

@Spurt Steve Harvey is very much a host in the order of the original Richard Dawson.  Remember he kissed all the women and made uncomfortable comments pretty much like Harvey does.  Harvey is just a man of his times.  Certainly not what the Jeopardy viewers are looking for in a replacement for Alec T.

@Shawnie 

Now I will agree whoever said that Harvey would be a "fun" candidate for Jeopardy is WAY OFF BASE and not what Jeopardy is all about.....

Now I disagree --no way can Dawson's kiss be compared to all the shennigans that Harvey says and  does (and yes Dawson's kiss was cringe worthy and the other subsequent Family Feud hosts---Ray Combs, Louie Anderson, Richard Karn, John O'Hurley  stopped the practice)...Now on the same Game Show Network that Harvey's on, the rest of the hosts act respectful and are true professionals and certainly dont follow Harvey's lead. And well the mantra, its a sign of the times and anything goes is just no excuse!!!--HARVEY is showing who he is and revels in it! .....I dont see how the networks put up with his sexist attitude and the overall tone of the show.....inviting a potential lawsuit for sure

P.S. Love the kitty in your avatar, is it your cat?  Nice to see another Tuxey.....I have two!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think Alex was Jeopardy and I personally can't imagine anyone replacing him and the show remaining relevent. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt @Yes that is my girl!!  She is a DSH.  Yours looks like she might be  Medium Haired?