Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with George Stephanopoulos

I am not a fan of George Stephanopoulos, but I thought he did a very good job.  About a month or so ago, I read an article about the permanent host for Jeopardy.  It was interesting because most people thought that Mayim Bialik was excellent, but this poll, which I think was from ABC, had her listed as last, with Ken Jennings being at the top.  Interesting that also at the top, but not first, was Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, and Dr. Oz.  All three had lower ratings.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I watched the first night with Mr. Stephanopoulos and it was a little underwhelming for me. I like his voice and I felt he enunciated well; he also was able to quickly let the contestants know whether or not their response was correct.

But I would like to see a bit more from him. Not sure what "more" I mean, but I hope I enjoy him to a greater degree as the week goes by. The first show is not always the best with any of the guest hosts, and he will probably improve by the end of the week.

Respected Contributor

George was fine, definitely not a favorite.

I wish the host would let the contestant know instantly if they answered correctly.  There seems to be a brief delay in the reply and it throws things off a bit.  I noticed several guest hosts doing this.

My favorite is still Buzzy but, in the end, I think the position will be given to Jennings.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha I go back to what I said in another "Jeopardy with....." thread......and that is, they may be afraid to answer quickly for fear of giving the wrong indication. I would be afraid I would say someone was correct and they weren't; or say they were wrong when they were correct.

Perhaps that is why there is the hesitation by some of the hosts......being unsure if they make the call correctly.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I just finished watching it and thought he did an excellent job.

@NickNack 

Someone mentioned that the Rob Lowe character on West Wing (Martin Sheen was president)  was modeled after George S.   In his younger days, he worked in the Clinton WH.  George may seem a little dry, but have you ever seen him interviewed with his wife?  They are an absolute hoot!    Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

"But I would like to see a bit more from him." @World Traveler 

This brought back memories of the Friends episode "The One With George Stephanopoulos." Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe wanted to see a bit more too. Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, but I had to do it. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe they should just make it funny and let GS's wife have a try at it and Steve Harvey as well.  I bet Ryan Seacrest wants a shot at it too, he has a nice smile. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

George's voice is too high-pitched for me.  And, what a dry personality!  It's as if someone forced him to guest-host.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

George's voice is too high-pitched for me.  And, what a dry personality!  It's as if someone forced him to guest-host.

I don't watch him on the news, but I met him a few years ago when we had a major convention in town.  His off air personality is not dry at all.  What a nice funny man.  I truly enjoyed my tme with him.  He told me he comes to town quite a bit as his in-laws live in one of our suburbs.

Honored Contributor

I thought he did a very poor job. I am ready to hear who the new host will be, Aaron Rodgers was the best guest host thus far.