Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

@World Traveler  I would think that they would have had only guest hosts who actually wanted the hosting gig permanently.  I know a lot were on jeopardy and knew Alex but it just seems like a waste of time if they don't actually want the job.  I'm sure most of them don't because I can't see them leaving their high profile career jobs to host a game show.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab You could be right. I believe some of them did it because they had high regard for Alex, and thought it would be an honor to guest host.

Like you said, I can't see them leaving their high profile jobs to host a game show, but then some game show hosts make a lot of money (Steve Harvey) doing something that doesn't appear to me to be as stressful as any regular job the guest hosts already have. Yes, there is a skill to being a good host; that I would say is true.

But when I read somewhere that they tape many of the shows in a short period of time, it leaves them something like the equivalent of perhaps six months out of the year free to pursue other interests. 

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  I also read somewhere that The Price Is Right tapes all 5 shows for the week on Sunday, so they work just one day a week!  Also, something similar for Wheel of Fortune. Nice gig if you can get it.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing that it's not difficult to tape 5 half hour shows that are so well run, with an experienced crew moving things along.

Honored Contributor

Just a reminder that from now on, it will be guest hosts for one week only; at least, thru Levar Burton. Not sure about anything after that.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 7.16.25 AM.png

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of George S. so I'll just concentrate on the questions and answers.. ...

I wish the revolving hosts would just stop now.

My choice would be Mayim.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

Not a fan of George S. so I'll just concentrate on the questions and answers.. ...

@candyagain  She won't get it. The ratings for her stint were very poor.  IMO Jennings was probably picked weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

I have really enjoyed Dr. Gupta's appearance on the show.  Ken Jennings is still my number 1 pick, followed by the executive producer who followed Ken.

Honored Contributor

Personally, more and more, I'm thinking the new host has already been chosen.  The only reason they are having guest hosts is to ease the transition between Alex and the new host, whomever that may be.  I have enjoyed Dr. Gupta's run on the show and think he appears to be comfortable with the contestants.

I am ready for the new host to be announced, sooner than later.  Let's go on with the show before the ratings go down even further ... and they have gone down!  I doubt that many guest hosts would accept the job of permanent host, if offered, so let's move on now.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@candyagain  She won't get it. The ratings for her stint were very poor.  IMO Jennings was probably picked weeks ago.

I was surprised but I liked Ken Jennings a lot more than I originaly thought I would. I'd be okay with him.

Our local TV station did a poll while Savannah Guthrie was hosting, Mayim B got 50%, highest rating.

I really wish they'd stop and give us their final choice now.