Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

@World Traveler wrote:

I felt all three contestants tonight (29th) took like what seemed FOREVER to pick a category/answer. However, the first half of the show they did end up finishing all the categories; but not the second half. So I guess they weren't that slow.

Anyone else notice the contestants seemed to hesitate in where to go to next? Even when they did pick a category, the answers seemed to come slowly too.

Could just be me.

I agree, @World Traveler .  And also have noticed that most of the hosts hesitate before confirming or denying an answer by a contestant.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs The hesitation on the host's part does tend to get things out of rhythm; however, I know if I was the host, I would probably hesitate, just because I don't want to say someone is wrong/right, and then it turn out to be incorrect. ha!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Exactly, @World Traveler !  Me either. Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I know it was his first episode but I'm ready to offer him the job.   I thought he had the best qualities of everyone and was the most like Alex.   

The thing I've noticed about most so far is that they smile too much.  Alex was pleasant but he didn't have that full ,

huge smile going on all the time.  Sanjay didn't either.

I think he is perfect for the job but suspect he has enough to do and doesn't want it full time.  😩

He was not even close to being like Alex.. IMO

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Well, I have never seen a contestant, until last night, bet only $5 on getting the answer correct! ha!

The gal on the far right of the stage was really getting to me. She would say four-five unnecessary words before saying which category and question/answer she wanted. Can't remember now, but something like, "I would like to have/try......." instead of just saying "Novels for $800."

Trusted Contributor

He seems like an wonderful person,doctor plus smart.Have seen him many times on cnn,also so very handsome.Wouldn't mind him for my doctor!

Honored Contributor

I continue to think he is doing a great job @bewise . Guess we start off with another new one next week, but just for one week.

Trusted Contributor

Next week is George Stefanolopis, or snuffalopagus, something like that. He's the news guy from I think ABC. The remaining guest hosts only host for one week. I think they have dragged this out way too long in trying to find a new host.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab "......dragged this out way too long in trying to find a new host." Does make you wonder if they really are trying to find a new host. I personally think it is just to give us time to adjust to the death of Alex. I could be wrong on that, but that is what I get from it. That's neither negative or positive, just seems logical to me.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Next week is George Stefanolopis, or snuffalopagus, something like that. He's the news guy from I think ABC. The remaining guest hosts only host for one week. I think they have dragged this out way too long in trying to find a new host.  

@LuvmyLab 

Well, the new season starts filming soon, and the show's producers said they would name a permanent host in late July or August so they have to move things along.  

I think Dr Gupta is very good as a host, but professionally over-qualified.  

I doubt most of the guest hosts would actually want the gig full time because they are so well-established elsewhere.    I saw a blurb somewhere with Levar Burton saying he thought he was "meant" to host Jeopardy.   Struck me as rather odd, but I guess seeing him in action will tell us all a lot about that.