Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

I was not familar with him, but I liked his style, he was very calm and collected reading the clues

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lulu1 Thanks for the clarification. Guess I should have read the article. Smiley Sad)

I thought he was very calming, and I prefer that to the women who were more chipper or hyper. Don't think any of the guys fell into that chipper/hyper comment, although there have many guest hosts and memory might not be as sharp. ha!

They all seem to say "you got it!" frequently when someone gets a right answer, but I guess there are too many options to that and "correct," "right," etc.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed his 1st show a lot! I thought he did really well, and look forward to his 2 weeks.

Respected Contributor

I know it was his first episode but I'm ready to offer him the job.   I thought he had the best qualities of everyone and was the most like Alex.   

The thing I've noticed about most so far is that they smile too much.  Alex was pleasant but he didn't have that full ,

huge smile going on all the time.  Sanjay didn't either.

I think he is perfect for the job but suspect he has enough to do and doesn't want it full time.  😩

Esteemed Contributor

I have enjoyed "most" of the guest hosts.  It hasn't stopped DH and I from watching the show.  It wouldn't matter if they just kept having guest hosts to me.

I know this won't be a popular view, yes, Alex was a good host and everyone got comfortable with his style and personality, a familiar face every week night.  But frankly, I think that putting him up on a pedestal, as many have, is a bit ridiculous.  He was a man hosting a game show.  He fought a brave fight against his cancer.  Apparently he was a good husband and father, a humanitarian.

He will be remembered fondly.  Time to move on.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I know it was his first episode but I'm ready to offer him the job.   I thought he had the best qualities of everyone and was the most like Alex.   

The thing I've noticed about most so far is that they smile too much.  Alex was pleasant but he didn't have that full ,

huge smile going on all the time.  Sanjay didn't either.

I think he is perfect for the job but suspect he has enough to do and doesn't want it full time.  😩

@Bridgegal  I thought he was the most like  Alex too in the sense of being rather distinguished and debonair as well as smart.

He certainly could have spouted off as his intro how many degrees he has and how smart he is, like Mayim did so immodestly,  but thankfully he didn't.

Respected Contributor

I believe I read that the guest host are provided with only certain responses they're permitted to use.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I have enjoyed "most" of the guest hosts.  It hasn't stopped DH and I from watching the show.  It wouldn't matter if they just kept having guest hosts to me.

I know this won't be a popular view, yes, Alex was a good host and everyone got comfortable with his style and personality, a familiar face every week night.  But frankly, I think that putting him up on a pedestal, as many have, is a bit ridiculous.  He was a man hosting a game show.  He fought a brave fight against his cancer.  Apparently he was a good husband and father, a humanitarian.

He will be remembered fondly.  Time to move on.

@tends2dogs   you nailed it.

As I said in one of the other MANY Jeopardy threads Alex always said Jeopardy was about the game not him, the host. Having this extended period of guest hosts has shifted the focus from the game to the hosts so for that reason I wish they would pick one and get on with it.

Also looking forward to the decrease in Jeopardy threads. 🙃

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I felt all three contestants tonight (29th) took like what seemed FOREVER to pick a category/answer. However, the first half of the show they did end up finishing all the categories; but not the second half. So I guess they weren't that slow.

Anyone else notice the contestants seemed to hesitate in where to go to next? Even when they did pick a category, the answers seemed to come slowly too.

Could just be me.

Honored Contributor

I thought he was okay, nothing special. I sure can't imagine that he would be offered the job.