Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

@lulu1 How refreshing to have someone admit errors/mistakes as a host. Also a good idea to do it ahead of the show to let people know, "Yes, it was not my best." Smiley Happy 

I assume there will still be negative critiques for those who did not read the article.

Honored Contributor

Dr. GUPTA was very good, very Articulate, very smooth and it was only his first day. I was impressed
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could tell in his voice he was nervous for just a few minutes but overall I thought he did well, esp for his first show.

Honored Contributor

I just finished watching it.  I thought he did very well.  I like him a lot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I am eager to read what your thoughts are on how Dr. Gupta handles his first show tonight. I'll be watching the entire show to get my personal take before I read your thoughts.

In the article posted, he mentions his first show was less than great.  He stumbled through a category and asked for answers as opposed to responses.  He said the second show was better.

@lulu1 Maybe I wasn't listen well, but I didn't notice what he said about his first show. Of course, I was doing a puzzle at the same time, so it probably just flew right by me! ha!

Respected Contributor

He's very likeable imo.  He's attractive, speaks clearly, seemed to enjoy speaking with the contestants.  Sure there were a few instances of nervousness or hesitation but overall I think he did well for his first show.  I will look forward to the next two weeks. 

I notice men wearing brown shoes with dark suits.  This must be a fashion trend.  Aaron Rodgers did this also.  Wondered why they didn't wear black shoes with a dark suit.  I guess they are going for a little bit of contrast.  Dr. Gupta looked nice in his suit.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I did not see him stumble through the show at all. I thought he did a good job.  I also did not notice any mistakes that he made. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I did not see him stumble through the show at all. I thought he did a good job.  I also did not notice any mistakes that he made. 

In the article posted, he said when the host reads the comment, you do not see the contestants. They rerecord the reading of the questions and insert it for the national feed.  We at home are never the wiser.  Only the people in the studio know what actually takes place.

The article is an interesting read.  If you are a fan of Jeopardy, it is worth the few minutes read.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I am eager to read what your thoughts are on how Dr. Gupta handles his first show tonight. I'll be watching the entire show to get my personal take before I read your thoughts.

In the article posted, he mentions his first show was less than great.  He stumbled through a category and asked for answers as opposed to responses.  He said the second show was better.

@lulu1 Maybe I wasn't listen well, but I didn't notice what he said about his first show. Of course, I was doing a puzzle at the same time, so it probably just flew right by me! ha!

In the article, Dr. Gupta explains what actually happens. You do not see the contestants when the host reads the clue.  After the show, the muffed questions are rerecorded for broadcast.  Only the studio audience knows what actually took place in the studio. The at home viewers seldom see flubs.

Honored Contributor

meh!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.