Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Dr. Sanjay Gupta

I personally have not watched one show ever since the death of Alex.

It's not the same and trying someone new every week to two weeks does not do justice to the show.

He was an ICON, and ICONS cannot be replaced.   Yes, the show must go on but pick someone and one person and  stop trying to attract an audience with different people hosting.  

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What, no Joe Buck?

@AuntG 

From what I've read, Joe Buck will be last of the guest hosts.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta is the last person that will be hosting for 2 weeks. After he ends his hosting duties on July 9th the rest will be doing one week appearances. Unless things have changed, as they sometimes do, this is the lineup.

George Stephanopoulos July 12- July 16

Robin Roberts                 July 19-23

LeVar Burton                   July 26-30

David Faber                    Aug. 2-6

Joe Buck                         Aug. 9-13

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Since some of you have mentioned his looks, I'm posting this photo. Wish my teeth looked that good!

Sanjay Gupta.jpg

I’m in LOVE 🥰❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden Oh, don't even get me started on buying teeth! I have spent so much money on my teeth, which I only do as needed. My left side is almost finished, and just this week I was at the dentist for my checkup. I laughed and told him I guess it was time to start on the right side; that I hadn't spent any money yet on my teeth this year.

Yes, it would have been better to do it all at once, like he wanted me to. He came up with an estimate of $40,000, PLUS the periodontist gave me a $20,000 estimate for his part in it. And that was over a period of 18 months. 

I just couldn't see me spending 18 months at the dentist/periodontist offices. I really hate to go, even though I have a really nice dentist and he is very patient with me. 

And at my advancing age, do I really want to spend that kind of money on my teeth? If I was much younger, I could see the point. I could get very used to only eating mush and applesauce, and spend it on other things! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler    my teeth need work....   I know I will have to go through some of what you are down the road.... I just have not great teeth....

you are very brave to go through all that... I am sure you will be so glad you did. Best wishes on that beautiful smile Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I personally have not watched one show ever since the death of Alex.

It's not the same and trying someone new every week to two weeks does not do justice to the show.

He was an ICON, and ICONS cannot be replaced.   Yes, the show must go on but pick someone and one person and  stop trying to attract an audience with different people hosting.  

@Just Bling 

Totally agree. I quit a few guest hosts ago. Not watching again till they make up their minds. 

Honored Contributor

BTW, Alex won a Daytime Emmy last nite for game show host, his 2 sons accepted for him. 

Super Contributor

I love him he is on CNN alot and I think he is cute and I am 74 , well I am not dead yet I will be watching Jeopardy for sure

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of teeth...My mother’s teeth weren’t her best feature, but they were very strong.  My father’s teeth were really perfect looking, but always trouble.

I inherited my father’s teeth.  Taking care of them has been my life’s work, and a big investment of time and money.

Respected Contributor

@Chatyone 2 wrote:

I love him he is on CNN alot and I think he is cute and I am 74 , well I am not dead yet I will be watching Jeopardy for sure

I agree!  He is hot, smart and seems to be a nice person to boot!