Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with David Faber - August 2-6

David Faber - still don't recognize him. ha!

David Faber.jpg

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler   I agree re Levar Burton.  His performance was most disappointing, as I loved him in his other career choices.  I was pushing for him, but now no.  

I will continue to watch Jeopardy because I like the show no matter who the host is.  I am still hoping it will be Mike Richards or Buzzy Cohen.  Time will tell. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I'm with you. I don't know who Faber is, but may also end up recognizing him after seeing him tonight.

As to Burton, I keep reading on the Internet that he has it in the bag. Almost everything I come across says how much his fans are pushing for him, and there were something like 200,000 signatures on a petition for him to be the host. 

I prefer not to have Burton as the permanent host, but if the producers see that kind of support, it may sway them in his favor. I personally found him to be unwatchable, to the point that I only watched two of his shows. He would have had to improve greatly for me to change my mind about him.

I think we must have seen the same articles. Because I have the same impression after seeing the articles that you do. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't get to see Levar Burton last week because of the Olympics.  I am not familiar with David Faber but won't be able to watch him this week either for the same reason.  It's disappointing.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

LeVar improved as the week progressed.  By the end of the week, I have to think he was near the top of the leaderboard.

Honored Contributor

He's getting support from people who like him but don't watch Jeopardy.

I watched his entire week. He improved some, but was still painful to watch. I wish, like reviews of products that indicate whether the reviewer actually owned the product, that only recommendations from actual Jeopardy viewers would be considered.

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz I understand the comment about liking the show no matter who the host is, BUT......for me, if the host shouts like Burton has, or has something else about them that distracts me from the game, where the attention should be, then I will probably bow out, at least at first, hoping that they improve over time or at least not be as annoying. I would probably check back every few weeks to see if I am able to watch without being distracted. That would be very sad for me to stop watching, but I also don't want to grit my teeth while watching it! ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I think we must have seen the same articles. Because I have the same impression after seeing the articles that you do. 

@drizzellla It's probably been all over the news.

Just this morning I saw an article about the current winner and his impressions of Burton. The article was concerning viewers calling him (the winner) annoying, and he addressed those comments; and then went on to say how impressed he was with Burton. He had high praise for Burton. So I just thought, "Well, it must just be me," because I don't see him the same way others do. ha!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

He's getting support from people who like him but don't watch Jeopardy.

@occasionalrain You could be right. I wonder if I would do the same thing for someone I really wanted to get the position, but didn't (or don't intend to) watch the show.

Honored Contributor

Mr. Faber enunciates clearly in a pleasant tone.  And he's easy on the eyes.