Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with David Faber - August 2-6

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking that the two weeks guest host was going to be the norm when they started, but decided they had enough good candidates to make a decision and cut the others short by one week. Nay.....that doesn't make sense either! ha!

Honored Contributor

How will they announce the big decision?  A special episode?  A press release?  An announcement at the end of Joe Buck's week?  I think they'd want to make the most of it publicity-wise and ratings-wise.

Honored Contributor

I don't know who this is and didn't plan to continue watching, but now I feel invested in the champion and want to see how far he goes.

I kind of don't like when I get invested in one player or, conversely, cannot stand one player, because then it gets a bit anxious for me.

I'm just scheduling it day to day for now, to follow Matt.   I don't understand why some people don't like him.  I've seen stuff like - he never smiles and he's arrogant.  I haven't seen any of that from him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't know who this is and didn't plan to continue watching, but now I feel invested in the champion and want to see how far he goes.

I kind of don't like when I get invested in one player or, conversely, cannot stand one player, because then it gets a bit anxious for me.

I'm just scheduling it day to day for now, to follow Matt.   I don't understand why some people don't like him.  I've seen stuff like - he never smiles and he's arrogant.  I haven't seen any of that from him.

Neither have I, and find him to be quite humble.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr I assume there will be a big news announcement of the permanent host, like the Internet, Facebook, and yes, even the news networks. The producers certainly have kept the name of the program in the news, and anytime I want to find out something about the guest host, all I have to do is Google "who is the next guest hose on Jeopardy," and there are a whole bunch of sites to go to.

So, my thought is that there will be plenty of announcements all over the place, in addition to the Jeopardy advertisements on the local network stations in each of the areas where the show is played, which it seems is everywhere. There will probably be an article about the new permanent host in People magazine, etc.

Just my opinion, but I believe I am spot on. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm not familiar with David Faber. Maybe when I see him. I'll remember him.

I cannot believe there are still those who think Burton should get the job, be the Jeopardy host.

I can only think they are game show junkies who found Alex too reserved, and want Jeopardy to be like Family Feud or Price is Right.

@occasionalrain 

It's also possible that some of Levar's fans want him to "win" but weren't necessarily Jeopardy fans to begin with.  Who knows?

Jeopardy is now seen in many countries but I'm not sure if Alex was the only host worldwide. 

Pat and Vanna are not the only Wheel of Fortune hosts, and both are syndicated via Merv Griffin productions.  I can only imagine how much these shows make per year.    

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Very good point! I didn't think of that.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm not familiar with David Faber. Maybe when I see him. I'll remember him.

I cannot believe there are still those who think Burton should get the job, be the Jeopardy host.

I can only think they are game show junkies who found Alex too reserved, and want Jeopardy to be like Family Feud or Price is Right.

@occasionalrain 

It's also possible that some of Levar's fans want him to "win" but weren't necessarily Jeopardy fans to begin with.  Who knows?

Honored Contributor

Don't forget to post your first impressions of Mr. Faber after tonight's episode. I am eager to know what everyone thinks. Heart

Honored Contributor

I don't know who David Faber is , but will watch of course. I may end up recognizing him after seeing him as well. I don't think that LeVar Burton is even in the top 5 of choices, and I think he knows after his week that he isn't in the "running" either.....

He probably expected to do much better than he did, and while he wasn't the worst, he didn't improve enough for me within that week..... 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I'm with you. I don't know who Faber is, but may also end up recognizing him after seeing him tonight.

As to Burton, I keep reading on the Internet that he has it in the bag. Almost everything I come across says how much his fans are pushing for him, and there were something like 200,000 signatures on a petition for him to be the host. 

I prefer not to have Burton as the permanent host, but if the producers see that kind of support, it may sway them in his favor. I personally found him to be unwatchable, to the point that I only watched two of his shows. He would have had to improve greatly for me to change my mind about him.