Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with David Faber - August 2-6

@Venezia  don't think it is the pronunciation.  I ran it back several times.  Even my closed caption showed "ulna."  

The other incorrect response was in the category "Y in the Middle" where each response had a "y" in the middle of the word.  The correct response was "katydid" and he very cleary said "katadid."  Again ran it back several times.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick - Yeah, we thought his pronunciation of katydid was weird, but they clearly knew what he was saying and they haven't penalized other players for mispronunciation in the past.

Wouldn't matter anyway in his case; he's been so far ahead of the other contestants, it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Enjoy the rest of the games!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To me Mike Richards is a rather "blah" and a "safe choice"....not offensive, but not "all that" either....a bit "wooden"..He's a "cookie cutter" game show host....JMHO...The Game Show Network airs some of the old shows, and Mike Richards was that way when he hosted the old Pyramid Game Show ......

Ive really been impressed with David Faber!!!!  

@Spurt 

I'm guessing many could have said the same thing about Alex Trebeck's first week back in 1984.    

I haven't seen Richards' hosting, but from the photos he seems a little more "polished" than some of the others.  JMO

@Tinkrbl44 

JMHO but Ive seen him on Pyramid and he was the same way and hasn't changed in his delivery....I just didnt see the warmth that Alex showed even in his earliest days....Faber has it....But your right Richards is better than a LOT of othe others we've seen.....He's OKAY! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt - I agree with your assessment of Richards and Faber.  My DH and I were trying to pinpoint what it was about Richards and you've hit the nail on the head.

We both think Faber would be the best permanent host but, unfortunately, we don't get a vote.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Well, we're coming down to the wire ... Joe Buck next week.  I've seen a few negative comments about him here (never heard of him before this) so maybe the producers wanted to reassure viewers that he doesn't have a chance of getting the job.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

To me Mike Richards is a rather "blah" and a "safe choice"....not offensive, but not "all that" either....a bit "wooden"..He's a "cookie cutter" game show host....JMHO...The Game Show Network airs some of the old shows, and Mike Richards was that way when he hosted the old Pyramid Game Show ......

Ive really been impressed with David Faber!!!!  

@Spurt 

I'm guessing many could have said the same thing about Alex Trebeck's first week back in 1984.    

I haven't seen Richards' hosting, but from the photos he seems a little more "polished" than some of the others.  JMO

I have watched them all.  Richards was mechanically good.  He was like a Ken Doll, no personality to me.  I hope the rags are wrong about him getting it.  David Faber is excellent.  No idea who he was but he is really good.  My choices not that it matters would be Ken Jennings, Buzzy Cohen or David Faber.