Honored Contributor

Jeopardy with Bill Whitaker

[ Edited ]

I watched the first show with Bill Whitaker and must admit I knew nothing about him prior to watching. I'm not even sure I have heard his name before.

I did not notice any energy with Mr. Whitaker, and I'm not sure the way he was last night is the way he always is. I would prefer to see a little more exuberance from a host, not a lot, but just more than what I saw last night.

What did you think of his performance?

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy with Bill Whitaker

@World Traveler I've enjoyed him for years. Remember this was his first night and all the previous guest hosts took a couple of days to "find their feet."

Anderson Cooper was terrible at stating whether an answer was correct or wrong.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised he seemed to have little expression. He seemed stiff and too precise as if he wanted to be certain he didn't screw up. Since it was only his first game I'm hoping he becomes more relaxed.

Honored Contributor

I thought his performance was underwhelming to say the least. 

Honored Contributor

I'll take him over Cooper or Oz any day.

Esteemed Contributor

Bill Whitaker is a serious, experienced newscaster. He brought that demeanor to Jeopardy. It was no surprise to me, since I've watched him on TV for many years. 

Trusted Contributor

I had never heard of him either.  I agree about Anderson Cooper.  He rarely got through double jeopardy because he took so long  letting the contestant know if their answer was right or wrong. Not every guest host is vying for the job.  Some are just filling in as guest host. The only ones that I read that have said they would like the job are Ken Jennings and Aaron Rodgers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of him either. I found the show dull and boring - seemed to take forever to keep it moving.

Honored Contributor

I found him to be very boring.  It's going to be a long two weeks.

Honored Contributor

Hope fully he improves, but I thought he was stiff,too soft spoken, and seemed almost too quiet, no energy!

Again, it was his 1st night, so hopefully he will improve! He wasn't horrible, just very very soft spoken and no energy coming from him, I felt like I could fall asleep listening to him......