Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I'm wondering how Alex  can keep up that pace w/the cancer he has.  That is a pretty agressive type.  Wonder if he will be back in July.

@Patriot3    According to a fairly recent article in People, he tapes the show only two days per week.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I'm wondering how Alex  can keep up that pace w/the cancer he has.  That is a pretty agressive type.  Wonder if he will be back in July.

@Patriot3    According to a fairly recent article in People, he tapes the show only two days per week.

He may only tape the show two days a week @Pearlee , but I'm sure he has meetings and preparations to do for the show.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I've stopped watching.  No longer any fun to watch with the game being so overly one-sided.  I wonder who is waiting in the wings to replace Alex?  Has to be someone who can speak clearly and quickly.  Ryan Seacrest is the only one I can think of with a clear enough speaking voice and who is also very quick and responsive.

Somewhere I read that Ken Jennings was rumored to be considered for host. There has to be a plan.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  I hope so!  I hope he breaks all previous records.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I've stopped watching.  No longer any fun to watch with the game being so overly one-sided.  I wonder who is waiting in the wings to replace Alex?  Has to be someone who can speak clearly and quickly.  Ryan Seacrest is the only one I can think of with a clear enough speaking voice and who is also very quick and responsive.

Somewhere I read that Ken Jennings was rumored to be considered for host. There has to be a plan.

I can't picture Ken Jennings as host.  I would think they would want an experienced host for that show.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

From what I've read, they tape 5 shows every day they do tape.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

Just thinking about Jeopardy, and what is going on with Alex Trebeck. This show has been my nightly go to since the show started. I remember how I felt when Johnny Carson quit his show, I hated it and very rarely watch Night Time talk Shows. But this with Alex's is breaking my heart in two , he is family to me. I will probably just move on and the show will be too much to handle for me. I also miss Bob Barker on "The Price Is Right " Just now started to watch once in a while but Drew is no Bob Barker. But he tries very hard to make the show enjoyable. Time will tell for me. I am so grieving for Alex. I am so sad when I think about him being gone. But sad but true life just goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Just thinking about Jeopardy, and what is going on with Alex Trebeck. This show has been my nightly go to since the show started. I remember how I felt when Johnny Carson quit his show, I hated it and very rarely watch Night Time talk Shows. But this with Alex's is breaking my heart in two , he is family to me. I will probably just move on and the show will be too much to handle for me. I also miss Bob Barker on "The Price Is Right " Just now started to watch once in a while but Drew is no Bob Barker. But he tries very hard to make the show enjoyable. Time will tell for me. I am so grieving for Alex. I am so sad when I think about him being gone. But sad but true life just goes on.

The man isn't dead yet. Enjoy him now, while he is still with the show.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine ever watching it without Alex, and I hope he stays for a long time. But when he has to retire, I agree Ken Jennings would be a good replacement. I don't think they'll go with Seacrest. There might be someone in a local market somewhere they're looking at, and I'm sure Alex will have a huge input into who gets the job.