Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy With Anderson Cooper

One think I noticed the last 2 days this week show has been on..AC  doesn't pay tribute  to our dear host of many years. while signing off...if he did i missed it...all i heard him say was " I'll see you tomorrow."

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

To me, it seems that Anderson Cooper is phoning in his performance.  He's just there and nothing more.  That may work for him as an interviewer, but he lacks warmth for a show like Jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Deepwaterdotter, I still miss you on the trivia forum!

I do love trivia, and also enjoy watching "The Chase" and "Master Minds."

Several weeks ago, my younger son Jake received a lot of media attention. He's a band teacher in Virginia, and has been in the National Guard for many years. He was shown teaching his classes during scattered breaks while on duty in Washington, D.C. 

He was extensively interviewed by Anderson Cooper (although the segment was never aired)--but it was great! I loved the sincere interest showed by Cooper. It was a wonderful segment; I have it on my computer.

Anyway, I do wish that you were still doing the trivia every day!

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

To me, it seems that Anderson Cooper is phoning in his performance.  He's just there and nothing more.  That may work for him as an interviewer, but he lacks warmth for a show like Jeopardy.

I totally agree, will be glad when his stint is over. He hasn't improved at all. I hope they hire someone with a sense of humor and with a warm and charming personality. So far Aaron Rodgers is the best. Anxious to see the future hosts that are lined up.

Honored Contributor

I like Anderson Cooper, and because of that I thought he would do a better job, he isn't horrible, but I guess I expected more from him........Aaron Rodgers and Ken Jennings have been my favorites so far......Looking forward to seeing Levar Burton and Mayim Bialik.... 

Honored Contributor

He is the only one who hasn't improved after a day or two. Phoning it in summarizes his performance. Not awful, but nothing special.

Respected Contributor

I was reading an online article about LeVar Burton and Jeopardy.

After 250,000 fans signed a petition to have him guest host on the show, he will do so July 26-30.

He is absolutely thrilled with the prospect. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Anderson Cooper - meh.

Waiting for Levar Burton.  Hope he is better.

Esteemed Contributor

Anderson is completely unengaging, bland and banal.

But he's like that with everything I've seen him do, so his Jeopardy lack of performance is not surprising (to me.)

Honored Contributor

I'm glad LeVar Burton will be guest-hosting.

Ryan Reynolds was so impressed by the public's enthusiasm for Mr. Burton that he asked him to guest as spokesperson for Aviation Gin.

httpshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJiMW4naA8://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJiMW4naA8