Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy With Anderson Cooper

Nope. I see no emotion when he speaks. He could put me to sleep with his voice.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Anderson Cooper did a great job. If he was nervous, he didn't show it. I'll definitely finish watching his two weeks as guest host.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   @Renata22 

I don't understand your comments.  Why were you "not prepared" to like Anderson Cooper?

Esteemed Contributor

I love Anderson Cooper.I love everything he does.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It doesn't seem fair to compare these try outs to a man who had years to perfect the job. Whoever they choose will have a learning curve.

@QVCkitty1 

Dr Oz has had years on TV as well.   Carrying on a conversation or interview is definitely different than moderating a game show, so you're right, everyone will have a learning curve period.

Trusted Contributor

I also agree that Anderson did a good job.  He is very comfortable in front of the camera. The only thing I would suggest is that he tell the contestant that they are correct faster. He seemed a bit slow in that area to me.  I think that Aaron Rodgers would be the perfect regular host. He is professional, knowledgeable and just the right amount of personality. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have only tuned in sporadically since Alex went to heaven, but this thread piqued my interest! Anderson has great talent, and camera presence, so I am interested in seeing what he brings to the table.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

DH and I were very impressed with Anderson Cooper last night.  So much, in fact, that we wouldn't mind seeing him as the permanent replacement.  He speaks clearly, is very knowledgeable and was relaxed when speaking to the guests.

For us, it's a toss up between him and Ken Jennings so far.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I could only watch a nite or two with Couric and I was out. 

Although Jeopardy was a part of our weeknights for so long, it wasn't that hard to get away from it.

We did watch two taped shows with Aaron Rodgers (Jeopardy has always been on our DVR) and he wasn't that bad, just not feeling it any more.

So to take the place of Jeopardy these past few weeks, we're watching a series called Shtisel instead and OMGosh is it good.  Just as interesting (and also a bit educational!) as Jeopardy.

Honored Contributor

Anderson Cooper's adorable son Wyatt watching Dad on Jeopardy, posted on Instagram, too cute!!

In the caption, Cooper, 53, wrote: 'Wyatt has never watched tv before, and he wont again for a long time, but apparently he caught a bit of me on @Jeopardy!'

It's daddy: Anderson Cooper shared a sweet photo of his son Wyatt watching him as he made his debut as the next celebrity host of Jeopardy! on Monday

Doting: Cooper welcomed his son via a surrogate on April 27, 2020, and he shares him with his former partner Benjamin Maisani from whom he split in 2018 after nine years together

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.