Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy With Anderson Cooper

Aww, I really like AC.  I keep forgetting to watch so I haven't seen any of them.   But glad to hear that he's doing a great job.

He and his little guy are so cute and he seems so happy.  That always makes me smile, as he's had a bit of a tough road to hoe.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Count me in as another Anderson Cooper fan. Been so for many years.  

Although I did like Aaron Rodgers, I find Mr. Cooper to be natural in his delivery.  His banter with the contestants is fun and appears genuine.  He also has a fantastic sense of humor.  

He does have a lot on his plate, so I wonder if he would be interested in another full time gig.  

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Lavar Burton is asked to guest host.  He is another favorite of mine. 

I read that he will be a guest host.

Honored Contributor

He is doing what needs to be done, but I thought he'd be better. The sports guy was better than the newscaster.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just saw this on the Internet. Source is USA Today.

LeVar Burton fans will be out-of-this-world excited to tune into "Jeopardy!" soon. 

The former "Roots" and "Star Trek: Next Generation" star, who has vociferously campaigned for Jeopardy host is among a new crop of guest hosts who will preside over the iconic game show through the rest of its 37th season. The other guest hosts will include "Good Morning America" anchors George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts; author and CNBC host David Faber and sportscaster Joe Buck. Specific dates for the hosts have not yet been announced, but will begin showing up in June.

“Our goal has been to present a wide variety of guest hosts with different skill sets and backgrounds on our path to finding a permanent host,” executive producer and one-time guest host Mike Richards said in a statement. “Our passionate fans are telling us what they like, and we are listening. All of the guest hosts have brought individualism, energy and an authentic love of our show to each of their episodes. We look forward to sharing the rest of the season with our viewers.”

Honored Contributor

in the April 26-May 9, 2021 double issue of TV Guide, this is what one of the letters to the editor said:

I keep seeing negative comments about the guest hosts on Jeopardy. But this forgets a basic fact. They are being compared to an Alex Trebek who had 36 years to grow on the job.

When he started in 1984, he had hosted a few relatively unsuccessful game shows, and to the press and public at the time, the consensus was, "He isn't Art Fleming!"

So let's lighten up on the guest hosts---one of them very well may be the next Alex, but we won't know until they've been on the job for several years.

Respected Contributor

I loved him!

One of my sisters, who is obsessed with "Jeopardy," wasn't that crazy about him (he was "too perfect").

We don't always agree.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I loved him!

One of my sisters, who is obsessed with "Jeopardy," wasn't that crazy about him (he was "too perfect").

We don't always agree.

So you're a Jeopardy fan too.  That explains why you were so good at playing the trivia game.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I expected Anderson to do well and he did. He's interviewed people throughout the world and connected with the contestants the best. He's genuine and I like him.

I agree.  I like him a lot.  He is great.  I've only seen him twice and expect he will be perfect by the end.  So far, he and Aaron Rogers are my favs.  

Respected Contributor

I think AC is doing a good job except for that pause to let the contestant know if they answered correctly.  Other guest hosts did not seem to do that.  I noticed tonight that in Double Jeopardy they did not get through a number of questions.

Tonight's game was not one of the best.  Both challengers seemed to struggle along the way.  I would love to know the criteria for matching up the contestants.  Are they placed together randomly in a game or do they painstakingly go over each one and use another method to choose?

If anyone knows, please advise.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

Future guest hosts:   anchors George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts;

Enough of the network anchors.  Katie Couric and Anderson Cooper have not been that good IMO.