Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeopardy With Anderson Cooper

I think they've all done well ~ a few of which I was not looking forward to seeing. 

Big shoes to fill, that's for sure..........................I don't think anyone has filled those shoes, but they've done their best.

Respected Contributor

ugh.

Honored Contributor

I shut my eyes and just listened to his voice....he sounded just like Alex!Same  pleasant  inflection of voice...tempo...candence...I think he would be perfect. 

Honored Contributor

I've thought all of the guest hosts did well, but Anderson was far above the others.  I thought he was great.  It was like he had been the host for years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought he did well.   He said earlier in an interview that he was a bit nervous stepping into Alex's shoes, someone he clearly admires and respects, so the nerves might be showing at least at first.   He’s exceptionally well-read with an almost encyclopedic knowledge of, and extraordinary memory for, historyworld events, geography, scientific information, and so much more.  He has a love of animals and supports their causes (such as Spike's K9 Fund, a nonprofit dedicated to outfitting police and military dogs with bulletproof vests). 

And I am moved by and grateful for the way he brings awareness to suicide, depression, and the urgent and critical importance of lifesaving mental health support and understanding -- something close to my life and my heart.  Something he knows and feels from his own painful experience.  Something many people still have trouble addressing... because, for many, the stigma persists.💔  
I doubt seriously that he, or most of the guests, sees this guest spot as anything other than a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a tiny part of an iconic tv show.   I hope he and the contestants have fun and do well.  
(I previously posted this on the wrong thread...  so I moved it to this one.)
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I've been pleasantly surprised about how well most have done. My least favs, though, are Katie Couric (ever too perky and the football player with the very boring voice).

My next least favorite was Dr. Oz. He was just a bit too intense.

Of all so far, I think I like Jennings the best. Oh, and Cooper was outstanding, I'm sure due to his background.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I thought Anderson Cooper did well but I agree he was a little delayed in confirming whether or not an answer, ie., question, was correct. My favorite, so far, was the producer. Nobody knows him so he might not get the job. Anderson Cooper already has too much to do in his professional life, and he now has a young child. No matter which person is chosen, Alex Trebek will always be the best.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've been pleasantly surprised about how well most have done. My least favs, though, are Katie Couric (ever too perky and the football player with the very boring voice).

My next least favorite was Dr. Oz. He was just a bit too intense.

Of all so far, I think I like Jennings the best. Oh, and Cooper was outstanding, I'm sure due to his background.

I agree with you, @suzyQ3, the same least favorites (I think Dr. Oz was a particularly bad choice) and I think I'm still leaning toward Jennings as the best, but several others have done really well.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I am also looking forward to Mayim Bialek(sp?).....

Honored Contributor

It doesn't seem fair to compare these try outs to a man who had years to perfect the job. Whoever they choose will have a learning curve.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan