Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy Tournament of Champions

Not happy with today's first TOC episode.  The clues were pretty tough and the scores were low reflecting that.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I've been watching Jeopardy Second Chance and will watch some of the Tournament of Champions. I like to see how many answers I get right. 

@yellowBeetle , Excuse me if I'm wrong, but didn't you used to post in the Sports forum? The name sounds familiar. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else with a similar name. 

Hi @teganslaw ... Yes, I did post in the Sports forum...great to "see" you! I will go over there now and post!😉 (Btw, I thought Sam Ehlinger looked very impressive in his debut yesterday!)

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Not happy with today's first TOC episode.  The clues were pretty tough and the scores were low reflecting that.  

@MamaWick  I felt the same way about the clues. And all three of the players seemed to be thrown by so many of the questions...and understandably so! It was certainly unusual to have three scores that low going into Final Jeopardy.

Valued Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I was sooooo impressed with myself.........I got 3 right !!!

I didn't even understand most of the clues........I thought I was bright........not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick  and @yellowBeetle  I think there were a lot of unforced errors - especially with Ryan, who was our favorite. We didn't get to see all of the show because of answering the door for the Halloweeners, but the contestants seemed pretty nervous. 

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I have the dvr set to record all new episodes and watch them when I can. I don't put much thought into the schedule details.

I need to start watching from the DVR instead of watching it live.  There is a week to go before election day and I don't know if I can take much more of the political ads.  I already mute the TV when they are on.  

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@MamaWick  and @yellowBeetle  I think there were a lot of unforced errors - especially with Ryan, who was our favorite. We didn't get to see all of the show because of answering the door for the Halloweeners, but the contestants seemed pretty nervous. 

@PA Mom-mom Yes, my husband and I noticed that too about them guessing a bit too much. And they did seem quite nervous. I just do not remember seeing a show where so many questions stumped all three contestants, which then meant Ken Jennings had  to give everyone the correct answer! It was very strange!😉

Honored Contributor

So far this event has not met my expectations. I did enjoy yesterday's Icon match between Schneider, Amodio, and Roach. I was also pleased with the winner.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been enjoying the Tournament of Champions even though the questions are far more difficult.

Yesterday's fun/practice match between Amy, Matt and Mattea was enjoyable.

One of my favorties in the tournament is Sam Buttrey, the winner of Professor Jeopardy.  He is such a character and fun to watch.  I hope he does well.

2021 Professors Tournament | Jeopardy.com

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I wonder if the 2 others let her (Roach) win....they had nothing to prove.

I really don't want her to win......as a matter of fact I can't stand her. She constantly uses her hands to speak with, which I find VERY annoying and has a personality that grates me. I had to stop watching the Channel 4  6:00 news (in NY) because of their hands .