Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy Tournament of Champions

@RetRN wrote:

Sam is a pleasure to watch. 

I like him too.

Honored Contributor

DH and I have total respect for all the finalists but we want Sam to win. Mainly because he is our age, but unlike us, is super smart. Apparently, Steve Martin reached out to him because of their similar looks. Too funny!

Respected Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

I wonder if the 2 others let her (Roach) win....they had nothing to prove.

I really don't want her to win......as a matter of fact I can't stand her. She constantly uses her hands to speak with, which I find VERY annoying and has a personality that grates me. I had to stop watching the Channel 4  6:00 news (in NY) because of their hands .

@Danky2 ...OMGosh, I so agree with you about Roach.  The placement of her hands is irritating for some reason.  She reminds me of Kirsten Wiig's character, Dooneese, on Saturday Night Live, lol.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

DH and I have total respect for all the finalists but we want Sam to win. Mainly because he is our age, but unlike us, is super smart. Apparently, Steve Martin reached out to him because of their similar looks. Too funny!

@AuntG ....I like Sam and Amy too and either one I hope wins.

Respected Contributor

I've now watched all three of the semi-finals, and am honestly a little shocked to see only Amy Schneider out of the super-champions going forward.  While I am thrilled to see Sam Buttrey beat Matt Amodio, I cannot help but suspect Matt threw that game.  He did not bet to win in Final Jeopardy!  If he wanted to win, he ought to have bet his whole stash on that answer, it was the only way he could overtake Sam.  The player in third did that, and until we saw Sam's bet/answer, he was in first place.  All three of the contestants got the Majorca/Mallorca answer correctly, but either Matt deliberately threw the match or he was so insecure about his answer he thought he might win by betting nothing, and the other two contestants would bet and lose, leaving Matt the last one standing.  In the end, that was a losing strategy. 

I was also surprised to see Mattea Roach do so poorly in her game, but have to applaud Andrew He, not only did he get lucky enough to find all three Double Jeopardy clues, but he bet the farm both times in the Double round, and answered correctly.  Either one of those answers being wrong would have wiped him out, making it unlikely he would win.  That man showed a ton of courage and confidence, that's for sure, good for him! 

I was wondering how the final tournament round would go, having never watched a Tournament of Champions before, and now I know.  First player to three wins!  It might take more than a week of games, depending on how Amy, Sam and Andrew play.  I was suspecting Matt Amodio to be the dominant player in the tournament, and him not being in the finals changes the whole character, it will sure be exciting to watch!

Honored Contributor

I have been quite impressed with Andrew. If Sam wins another game on Monday we would have a three-way tie. That could be exciting.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I'm rooting for Sam or Andrew to win only because Amy has won a ton of money already, so I'd like to see one of the guys get their chance to win a ton!!

Honored Contributor

And another Tournament has ended.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I'm rooting for Sam or Andrew to win only because Amy has won a ton of money already, so I'd like to see one of the guys get their chance to win a ton!!

I don't get that way of thinking.....so what ?

A couple of times Ken said that Sam never lost on that stage.......does anyone know what that means ? Had to lose 1 time.....

Regular Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@speedy girl wrote:

I don't get that way of thinking.....so what ?

A couple of times Ken said that Sam never lost on that stage.......does anyone know what that means ? Had to lose 1 time.....

@Danky2 Sam was the winner of the Professor's tournament. He didn't compete on the any regular, daily shows, so technically he'd never lost a game.