Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy - Permanent Hosts

@ValuSkr  don't know, but Mayim was announced about this time last year, sharing hosting with Mike Richards.  Richards was going to be the everyday host and Mayim was going to host special versions like Celebrity Jeopardy and some tournaments.   When Richards was fired, Mayim stepped in to do all she could around her schedule with Ken being interim the other times. 

As I said above, they are announced differently.  The current season ends Friday, so listen how Ken is introduced.  There will be a couple of months of re-runs to catch how Mayim is introduced.  She has been under contract with Jeopardy since last year as a host.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

I like them both, so the decision is fine with me. 

Honored Contributor

What I heard was really not about 'a permanent host', rather that these two will be the hosts for the upcoming season (beginning this Fall).  I haven't heard anything beyond that point.

I like Ken ok, I guess, but I do prefer Mayim.  If I had my druthers she would be the host.   I'm still watching when he hosts, so I don't have an issue with him.

Honored Contributor

I'll watch when Ken does the shows and skip it when Mayim is on

Mayim is an actress with a huge following and a woman so all heck would break loose if they didn't keep her on.  The bad press would kill.the show.  Ken deserves the job so they just kept the status quo.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

So, the interim hosts have become the permanent hosts!  I think they're both good and am glad neither was the "loser."

Meanwhile, LeVar Burton fans are dealt another blow.  Smiley Happy

Lavar Burton was never at any point a contender for the job. He knew that and while he would have liked it, he moved on. He'll be the host of Trivial Pursuit.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Ken Jennings the best, and Mayim is okay....BUT I disklike the total direction they've taken Jeopardy when it becomes a a single person answering all the questions....I want to see some real COMPETITION between 3 contestants....!!!!

download (9).jpg

For Thine is the Geekdom: Feline Jeopardy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Okay ... I give up ....  what network airs Cat Jeopardy?  If they are still looking for a host, maybe Miss Piggy is available ...  LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Spurt - They can hardly be blamed for some contestants being better than others.  It's not a "direction they've taken Jeopardy".  It's just the way the game goes.  The best (most knowledgeable) person wins.

How could they have it any other way, unless it was rigged?  A real competition means each contestant has the same chance to buzz in and answer.

I personally don't ever want them to go back to limiting the number of games a contestant can win.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt 

Okay ... I give up ....  what network airs Cat Jeopardy?  If they are still looking for a host, maybe Miss Piggy is available ...  LOL  Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44 

If there was cat jeopardy then I will be the host! 😄😸....I wonder how many litter box and catnip breaks the contestants will require.....🤔😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Spurt - They can hardly be blamed for some contestants being better than others.  It's not a "direction they've taken Jeopardy".  It's just the way the game goes.  The best (most knowledgeable) person wins.

How could they have it any other way, unless it was rigged?  A real competition means each contestant has the same chance to buzz in and answer.

I personally don't ever want them to go back to limiting the number of games a contestant can win.

@Venezia 

All the years of Jeopardy and the problem didnt start until recent times....either they arent screening the contestants like they used to, something has changed behind the scenes.....and/or maybe the questions are too easy for some...again that falls back on the screening process....Maybe some have found a trick to ring in first...or maybe its just the order they answer questions that the one champ figured out....

Yes, an easy fix is limiting the number of games a contestant can win.....But to me its just not as fun and entertaining as it once was, it's now DOWNRIGHT BORING watching one person answering all the questions...It is strange how this phenomenon started in recent years....maybe all the really smart people arent applying to be contestants....or our education systems isnt what it used to be and the really smart ones are rare these days....But JMHO I think there is something wrong with the screening process......