Valued Contributor

I am not a fan of Mike Richards. He is a bit too cheerful to me!  Ken was kind of nervous, but by the end of his time, we were enjoying him.

Valued Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Mike Richards is the executive producer of both Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

I remember seeing his name as executive producer on The Price is Right at one time.  Not sure if he still is.  Also there was another game show that he hosted briefly and I really liked his demeanor and sense of humor.  I think there were 5 or 6 contestants standing around a table and they would vote someone off each round, kind of like Weakest Link,.  Maybe it was an early version of it. 

Honored Contributor

He seems to be getting great reviews here and elsewhere. I must be missing something because, other than being well spoken, I found him unappealing.

Super Contributor

Ken Jennings did a great job considering he wasn't originally in the television business.

But his style feels very forced and unnatural.  After a few minutes of Mike Richards I told my husband I like him so much better than Jennings.

Honored Contributor

We just watched Tuesday's and today's shows.  Sorry, I'm sure Richards is doing his best under the circumstances, but we find him hard to watch.  His forceful voice is rather distracting; makes it difficult to focus on the game.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Poster  @LuvmyLab  posted correctly.  They were in a bind as Ken J. had previous obligations and Mike R is only a fill in. He is not in contention to take over the hosting job. No one needs to worry about that.

That's a shame because I think he is doing a great job.  I really liked Ken Jennings and wouldn't mind him as the new host but Mike Richards is really, really good at this, IMO.

Frequent Contributor

Off topic, but I would love to see Mike Rowe try out as host.  His droll sense of humor is great.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy Mike Richards

[ Edited ]

Personally I find Mike Richards very stiff and impersonal it's like he came from a game show host clone factory he comes across as fake and phoney ...much prefer Ken

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Personally I find Mike Richards very stiff and inpersonal it's like he came from a game show host clone factory he comes across as fake and phoney ...much prefer Ken

@Spurt  ITA!!!  clone factory!  lol

Respected Contributor

This is what I think is happening.  Ken will be the permanent host.  He has amazing ratings for his 6 weeks.  He is currently obligated to The Chase however, so they are filling in with celebrity hosts roughly until the champion matches start.  i think Ken will come back then since The Chase will be over and probably cancelled.  I don't care for Mike Richards at all. He will not be the permanent host.  It will be Ken.