Honored Contributor

He's been the guest host this week and I'm  interested in what everyone thinks of him.

Do you prefer his performance to that of Ken Jennings'?

Since he's been hosting only two days, perhaps it's too soon to decide.

Respected Contributor

Ken did a good job, but even after only 2 days I prefer Mike Richards.  Ken seems to me to be trying too hard to mimic Alex's movements and for some reason that bothers me.

I am glad the show is not rushing to fill the position.  Its going to take a special  individual/personality,  and I believe we all will sense it when that person comes along.

Honored Contributor

We just watched the past two shows from this week as we had taped them.

Really like this guy.  (He looks familiar from some other game show.)

He doesn't rush thru the questions so quickly which seems to make the contestants a little manic.  My opinion only.

It's a much calmer format.  Really enjoyed him!  Keep him.

Honored Contributor

We've only seen Richards once, as tonight's show has been bumped to something like 1:00 a.m., for some local programming.

DH and I thought Ken Jennings was doing a good job and had settled in well after the first couple of weeks.  We'd be happy, if he was the permanent replacement.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny 

From what I've read, many thought he was really good while I didn't take to him at all. 

I wasn't in favor of Ken when it seemed he had been chosen but I've gotten used to him and kinda like him.

Respected Contributor

Mike Richards is the executive producer of both Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I too think Ken Jennings hosted quite well, considering he was the first go-to after Alex. 

This Mike Richards fellow seems much more "professional" - he speaks very well, nice looking, good demeanor and he gets thru the questions quite readily also.  Maybe he's "too professional"?  Like a no nonsense,all business type of guy? 

Yes I guess w/all that is going on, the guest hosts they had planned on couldn't do the traveling, so we'll see what happens.  I like to play along but I wouldn't have a chance in the world of winning that game. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I remember Mike Richards as the host of one of the incarnations of The Pyramid game.  Reruns are aired in the morning on Game Show Network.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I remember Mike Richards as the host of one of the incarnations of The Pyramid game.  Reruns are aired in the morning on Game Show Network.

That's it, the Pyramid.

Honored Contributor

my mom, daughter, and i were JUST talking about this tonight.

we REALLY like him!

we find him to be MUCH better than ken jennings.

he is doing a great job and speaks well and clearly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein