Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy Guest Host Savannah Guthrie

Did not love her did not hate her, sort of Meh with the first show

Buzzy and Miyam were the best so far 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   I wasn't really impressed with many of them on night one, but thought they all improved.   On his first night,   For example,  I thought Aaron made the same missteps Savannah did -   if that had been a one and done performance, he would have been finished in my mind.  He's still not my favorite, but he would be an acceptable host.

Super Contributor

I thought she was great. Loved her voice and articulation. She moved the game along at a good clip as well.  So much better then the last one that I couldn't stand to listen to at all.

Honored Contributor

Didn't care for her. Falls in the Katie Couric category - too perky for my taste.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I thought she was good but Mayim was so much better!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I wish they'd just quit this ridiculous baloney and get on with hiring somebody. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Didn't care for her. Falls in the Katie Couric category - too perky for my taste.

@AuntG 

ITA---didnt care for Guthrie nor Couric......one TV website conducted a poll and it was Couric, not Cooper Anderson that ranked the lowest with viewers....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

She hosted the show in a competent manner, but I just don't care for her.  Thank goodness this is just for 2 weeks although I'm not sure if I'll catch all the shows.  She lacking excitement or sincerity or something....too much of a phoney baloney perhaps?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  Oh, dear! Scripted, fake: and I don't know if it was my hearing or her voice, but - nails on a chalkboard! Don't know if I can continue to hear that!

Trusted Contributor

I understand the need to have guest hosts "try out" but this is supposed to go until August.  Eight months of guest hosts is a bit much I think.  I thought Savannah was too perky (ala Katie Couric).  I don't think it's a 1st night thing, she is a perky person. I got rather annoyed with the "You Got It" after every correct answer.  I liked Aaron Rodgers and Mayim Bahlik the best.