Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy GOAT (Greatest of all Time) Championship (1/7/20)

[ Edited ]

I can’t help but think that maybe these guys, especially James, have photographic memories like Marilou Henner. The breadth of his knowledge is hard to believe.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I can’t help but think that maybe these guys, especially James, have photographic memories like Marilou Henner. The breadth of his knowledge is hard to believe.

@wakefield64   One of our posters here also has the memories like Marilou Henner.

Valued Contributor

What a great idea this is.  I too feel for Alex and his family. I'm thinking this will be his last season.  

I'm rooting for Ken Jennings.  Brad had an off night. I think he hit all the daily doubles and didn't get one correct.  Each time Brad and Ken have met in one of these special events, Brad came out on top.  It would be nice to see Ken win.  James is amazing but seemed a bit off tonight.  

No matter who wins, I also feel that they may donate some of their winnings to pancreatic cancer research. JMO.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

James and Ken were $200 apart, so I wouldn't say James was "off." But this type of game clearly doesn't play to his strengths, and accentuates his weaknesses. He needs more than a couple of games to accrue the big bucks, and to land the doubles. And even on his regular run, he'd often not even ring in on the simplest questions. He did that tonight, too, without subsequent games to make up for it.

Conversely, Jennings did what he never liked to do--bet big. And it paid off.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I cannot stand James so I won't be watching. Hope the other 2 wipe the floor with him. He needs to be brought down a few pegs.

@CLHS68 

Wow ....  he may have a quirky personality, but they are coached on ALL game shows to not be boring.  

Brought down a few pegs .....  seriously?   It's not like he cheated .... he earned his winnings fairly in competition.   

@Tinkrbl44- Some people just make you shake your head with their vitriol, don't they?  He's a decent guy who, as you said, won fairly and has also donated a lot of his winnings to charity.

If that's someone who "needs to be brought down a few pegs", I'd hate to think who @CLHS68 thinks qualifies as being nice.  Doubt any of us would measure up to her high standards.  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I cannot stand James so I won't be watching. Hope the other 2 wipe the floor with him. He needs to be brought down a few pegs.

@CLHS68 

Wow ....  he may have a quirky personality, but they are coached on ALL game shows to not be boring.  

Brought down a few pegs .....  seriously?   It's not like he cheated .... he earned his winnings fairly in competition.   

@Tinkrbl44- Some people just make you shake your head with their vitriol, don't they?  He's a decent guy who, as you said, won fairly and has also donated a lot of his winnings to charity.

If that's someone who "needs to be brought down a few pegs", I'd hate to think who @CLHS68 thinks qualifies as being nice.  Doubt any of us would measure up to her high standards.  Smiley Frustrated

@Venezia  @CLHS68 

Very well stated.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see a rule change for Jeopardy:

If you miss the question for the daily double, your opponents can ring in for the amount that you wagered. 

Esteemed Contributor

Granddi.... that's a great idea.

So the first to win 3 matches wins the championship.  I guess that means Ken won it all.  The 2 games last night equaled 1 match.  It is only on 3 nights.  James and Brad cannot win 3 matches now.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

According to the schedule on my DirectTV DVR, this championship is scheduled to go through Friday, January 17th.  So, that would imply that the lead changes hands several times throughout the contest.  Now, they may have have just blocked out that time in case it was necessary, like they do on the World Series.  But hopefully, it will be a good contest.  I'm rooting for Ken Jennings!

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show and looking forward to see who is crowned as the Greatest Champion.....  Im rooting for Ken Jennings....I enjoyed the Trivia Show he was on occassionaly on the Game Show Network...sadly they took it off.....

Best wishes to Alex a CLASS ACT!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”