Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy GOAT (Greatest of all Time) Championship (1/7/20)

This is fitting because Alex IS the GOAT.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Alex will be back.  He loves this show and it likely is part of his "purpose" in his current life.  I've had cancer and many of the other people I know who have also had cancer want to keep as much of life normal as possible.  So much changes in terms of needing more medical appointment/treatments, etc.  Any part of normal life was highly cherished.  Because it has been his show for so many years, and he seems willing to push on even when he does not feel well, I believe they will do everything possible to work around Alex's current challenges.  The long-term prognosis for pancreatic cancer is notoriously poor, so that is a strong factor.  But, I believe he will hang in there and fight for normalcy as long as he possibly can.  When he leaves it will be telling of how he truly feels about his fight.  Just my perspective.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I cannot stand James so I won't be watching. Hope the other 2 wipe the floor with him. He needs to be brought down a few pegs.

@CLHS68 

Wow ....  he may have a quirky personality, but they are coached on ALL game shows to not be boring.  

Brought down a few pegs .....  seriously?   It's not like he cheated .... he earned his winnings fairly in competition.   

Honored Contributor

I just watched the Michael Strahan interview with Alex Trebek.  I think he knows he will be "retiring" soon -- at the end of the interview he gave a synposis of the 30 seconds he would want to say "goodbye".  But, I think that was exactly the reason they have this tournament of champs this week - wouldn't be surprised if he retires at the end of it!

Good luck to all the players ... I know I get excited when I can answer 1 or 2 questions a night!  (And that's not too often! lol)

Respected Contributor

I'm really looking forward to this competition.  I bet they will all be so quick with the questions/answers, my head will be spinning.

I posted on another thread I am betting on James as he is the youngest and most recent player and I figure he'll be sharper than the other two.  I don't care who wins, I just want to watch and marvel at their knowledge.  I didn't get to see the other 2 winners so I am xcited to watch this.  Woman Very Happy

Let the best man win!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   I know exactly what you mean about the questions.

It will be interesting to see how much harder the questions are on the championship show.  The writers walk a fine line making them challenging for the players/viewers while insuring they are not too tough that no one can answer.  They have to know that anything sports or geography, James will clean the board in a nanosecond.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

I cannot stand James so I won't be watching. Hope the other 2 wipe the floor with him. He needs to be brought down a few pegs.

@CLHS68 

Wow ....  he may have a quirky personality, but they are coached on ALL game shows to not be boring.  

Brought down a few pegs .....  seriously?   It's not like he cheated .... he earned his winnings fairly in competition.   

===

Well if the mighty James is brought down a few pegs @CLHS68 maybe you could step up and finish the game. James is incredibly smart and so are Ken and Brad - I respect their ability to play the game and look forward to the best man winning. They have all been very charitable with their winnings.

Esteemed Contributor

No matter who bothered me, I will watch for Alex T.   I also am intrigued by the intelligence of these men. 

Valued Contributor

The winner  receives 1 million dollars. both runnerups receive

250 000 thousand.

GO JAMES.......

Respected Contributor

DH and I are huge Jeopardy fans, so we'll be watching for sure. And, if I remember correctly, someone let the cat out of the bag when James's original run ended, so I'm sure producers want to maintain interest in this championship, and keep that from happening again.

What worries you masters you.