Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy GOAT (Greatest of all Time) Championship (1/7/20)

@sunshine45 wrote:

i was hoping that BRAD would do a bit better, but he was enjoyable to watch......all three were! they should all be proud that they have done so well over the years. it is quite an accomplishment and not an easy task.

i was rooting for a JENNINGS win and it happened. i really did not have any doubts about that. i dont think anything was "fixed" and i dont think anyone "gave up."

i do play trivia every week (of course, you cannot compare that to jeopardy.) it is a wide range of questions and categories. this past week it happened to be pop culture. it is amazing what some people know and sometimes we even surprise ourselves at how much we know and remember.

@sunshine45   You should take the upcoming Jeopardy test that they are advertising.

You might do quite well.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:
LOL if, if, if, if, if...There's no confusion, and it doesn't just boil down to his missing the Shakespeare question.

His performance throughout the tournament was not sufficient to beat KJ, and that's what did him in.

@Moonlady   Yep, if ifs and buts were canned in nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@SusieQ_2  Thank you. That's what I thought but then it was posted that he wouldn't have won.

We wouldn't have this confusion if James hadn't let us down by neglecting Shakespeare and missing the final.

@moonlady wrote:

LOL if, if, if, if, if...There's no confusion, and it doesn't just boil down to his missing the Shakespeare question.

His performance throughout the tournament was not sufficient to beat KJ, and that's what did him in.  

The confusion @occasionalrain is referring to is that we had posters saying that James would have lost night four whether he had answered the final jeopardy question correctly or not. That's not the case so, yes, there was confusion here in this thread.

As for James missing the Shakespeare question, again, yes, that is what night four boiled down to and had he been correct the games would have been tied 2-2. What would have happened from there we will never know. Both Ken and James played amazingly well all throughout the tournament. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:
@occasionalrain wrote:

@SusieQ_2  Thank you. That's what I thought but then it was posted that he wouldn't have won.

We wouldn't have this confusion if James hadn't let us down by neglecting Shakespeare and missing the final.

@moonlady wrote:

LOL if, if, if, if, if...There's no confusion, and it doesn't just boil down to his missing the Shakespeare question.

The confusion @occasionalrain is referring to is that we had posters saying that James would have lost night four whether he had answered the final jeopardy question correctly or not. That's not the case so, yes, there was confusion here in this thread.

As for James missing the Shakespeare question, again, yes, that is what night four boiled down to and had he been correct the games would have been tied 2-2. What would have happened from there we will never know. Both Ken and James played amazingly well all throughout the tournament. 

@SusieQ_2  you could also tell that James is quite a gambler- there were a few times he wagered big numbers and missed the question. That made a difference in the outcome  as well.